PDA

View Full Version : Possible Variations? T206 and T205

Iwantmorecards77
10-15-2014, 11:49 AM
Hello all,

I don't post much - but figured I'd throw these out there. I have a couple of low grade cards that seem a bit interesting.

The first one is a T206 Clark Griffith (w/bat) that is missing the "i" in Cincinnati. It's actually missing parts of a couple of letters and the "i" entirely. This card has been discussed in an article on the T206 resource site - so it has been "discovered" already. I have been in contact with the author and he states this might be 3-4 known at the moment. Surely, there must be more. It seems that they are all Sweet Caporal - same series and factory number (350 series, factory 30.) It reminds me of the "Dopner," "Murr'y," and "Nodgrass" variations. I have included a scan of the card front.

Perhaps some fellow collectors have the same card?

The other card is a T205 George Bell. On the back of the card - there is a period after his last name (much like the front.) However, this is not the case on all of his T205 subjects. I searched his T205 cards on Ebay - and looks like there may be one similar. I have included a scan of the back of mine (with period) and one from ebay without a period. It appears that this is just on Sweet Caporal cards. Forgive the fuzzy scan. I assure you the period is not part of the last "L." It's totally seperated and is exactly like the other period after his middle initial.

If this topic has been brought up before - I apologize. I did a search and found no topics (unless I missed something.)

With all the craze with backs and variations, I thought it'd be fun to toss these out there.

Thank you for your time,

Todd

T205 GB
10-16-2014, 08:19 AM
Todd that's a neat find on the T205. The only bad thing is its a T205:D If this was a 206 it would be another chase card worth 10x's more.

Neat find on the Griffith also I am sure someone out there has already found this being that it's a T206:rolleyes:

Keep up the discoveries.

freakhappy
10-16-2014, 01:45 PM
Todd that's a neat find on the T205. The only bad thing is its a T205:D If this was a 206 it would be another chase card worth 10x's more.

Neat find on the Griffith also I am sure someone out there has already found this being that it's a T206:rolleyes:

Keep up the discoveries.

Just list the info on the card and jack up the price...that's what people with T206's do. You will find a buyer eventually.