PDA

View Full Version : 1928 'New' Butler Field House Basketball Ticket - Can you verify it is real thing?

kchristie
10-13-2014, 04:27 PM
All,

A friend told me about this forum and said someone might be able to help.
I am inquiring as to a find I came across in my travels over the weekend, in the hope that you can shed some light on what I found, and/or perhaps provide any insight to its worth or value to others.

Tucked into a book from 1927 was a ticket, a picture of which is attached showing the front and back and size. As it references the ‘New’ Butler Field House, and the basketball tournament, and is dated March 17th, which was a Saturday in 1928, the first year the tourney was held there, it appears to be a ticket from that first Indiana boy’s tournament held in the then brand new Field House.

I am generally expert at finding information I need online, but I am stumped to find anything that can verify this find. It’s rather cool as a piece of Indiana basketball memorabilia, regardless of value, and mostly I would like to verify it is what I think it is if you, or someone you know, can do so.

I appreciate your sharing anything you may know that could help. Thanks very much! Here is a link to the image: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152376410862826&set=a.444050927825.235020.613022825&type=1&theater

Leon
10-13-2014, 04:33 PM
Hi there
Please keep in mind that this is generally a vintage baseball card forum. This thread of yours would have been more appropriate in our memorabilia section. It is under the 3rd icon from the left near the top of each page, in the row of icons. Good luck and maybe someone here will know.

steve B
10-13-2014, 06:42 PM
"This content is currently unavailable"

So......it might be hard to tell.

Steve B

kchristie
10-14-2014, 02:19 PM
Sorry, Leon. I went where a friend said. I reposted there and will remove here.