PDA

View Full Version : ebay bidding nemesis's

1952boyntoncollector
10-13-2014, 11:55 AM
Are there certain ebay bidding IDs that when you see them bidding an item you know its going to be real tough to have.

when i see e***1 or e***a etc..i know i going to have to pay a hefty price......they are a few of my ebay nemessis 5****i too....

darn them!

jake..

Mountaineer1999
10-13-2014, 02:58 PM
Peeking at your PSA Registry, seems like you're doing ok.
:-)

1952boyntoncollector
10-13-2014, 08:12 PM
it also interesting to me..thats its the same bidders who make the intial bids and then the same bidders who top those bids until about 40% of the value of the card..i can almost tell how many days in the auction that takes 7 days that i am in by who the high bidder is......like the timing of certain insects on a corpse..

the insect bidders have never won an item ....

bnorth
10-13-2014, 08:37 PM
When collecting certain cards I have also noticed seeing the same bidders over and over. With 1 certain card there are a few of us that whoever gets the first bid in is like calling dibs. That way we are not bidding each other up.

bobsbbcards
10-14-2014, 04:10 AM
Are there certain ebay bidding IDs that when you see them bidding an item you know its going to be real tough to have?

Definitely. l*****r. (Hi Al) :cool:

ALR-bishop
10-14-2014, 10:03 AM
Bob, from Vienna

hangman62
10-15-2014, 03:29 PM
Back in the day..it uded to be LibDirect ..the guy bought thousand of things !

mrmopar
10-15-2014, 06:50 PM
I keep track of 3-4 bidders who buy Garvey stuff, but the rest are unknown to me. I enjoyed being able to see who the winning bidder of an auction was, but that has been removed now apparently, unless someone has figured a new way?

Mark70Z
10-18-2014, 06:30 AM
Can anyone answer Curt's question as to why did eBay take where you could see who the bidder was that won the auction and is there any way around it? I know it was nice to know who won the auction so you knew who had the item. Also, when you did the search of items on a particular bidder you could view items, which were won, that you may have missed.

Shoebox
10-19-2014, 12:03 AM
Can anyone answer Curt's question as to why did eBay take where you could see who the bidder was that won the auction and is there any way around it? I know it was nice to know who won the auction so you knew who had the item. Also, when you did the search of items on a particular bidder you could view items, which were won, that you may have missed.

Ebay changed it to protect the anonymity of the buyer. In a way I can understand it. What I buy is none of your business and what you buy is none of mine.

savedfrommyspokes
10-19-2014, 08:52 AM
Ebay changed it to protect the anonymity of the buyer. In a way I can understand it. What I buy is none of your business and what you buy is none of mine.

I completely agree.