PDA

View Full Version : How to preserve a large cabinet?

tennisguy
10-11-2014, 11:50 AM
I have a large team cabinet measuring 10" X 20.5". It is an oddball size and I originally wanted to get it framed to hang, until I found out the prices of some custom framers in my area.

Can anyone give me some advice/recommendations on what would be the best way to first preserve and maybe display the piece?

Thanks in advance for everyone's input!

Ryan

drcy
10-11-2014, 12:07 PM
Metal display stands on a mantle or book shelf will look look okay for dispaly-- display it like a plate--, though you'd still have to think about preservation.

http://www.amerheritage.com/merchimages/furniture/potracks/tp43001_small.jpg

ullmandds
10-11-2014, 06:47 PM
maybe get an archival matte made in a universal size and then frame it yourself?

Texxxx
10-11-2014, 07:46 PM
Get 2 pieces of 1/4" Plexiglas and cut it a little larger than the cabinet. Drill holes in the corners and make a screw down holder. Or you can cut a board for the back with a screwed down plexiglass front. If you have access to a router you can make the board a little better looking. Paint it of course.

jcmtiger
10-11-2014, 10:37 PM
I have a large team cabinet measuring 10" X 20.5". It is an oddball size and I originally wanted to get it framed to hang, until I found out the prices of some custom framers in my area.

Can anyone give me some advice/recommendations on what would be the best way to first preserve and maybe display the piece?

Thanks in advance for everyone's input!

Ryan

If this is a nice piece, bite the bullet and have it framed at the frame shop. I spent many a dollar for framing and it is worth it.

Joe

joeadcock
10-12-2014, 11:36 AM
If this is a nice piece, bite the bullet and have it framed at the frame shop. I spent many a dollar for framing and it is worth it.

Joe

Joe

very nice

ooo-ribay
10-12-2014, 12:24 PM
Check americanframe.com

tennisguy
10-12-2014, 02:26 PM
Thanks for all the responses. For the time being, I decided to cut some Mylar plastic sheet pages to fit around the cabinet to protect the photo, then I put it in a large 20"X24" TopLoader. At least it is safe and protected, until I can do more research and take some time to decide on what I want to do.

Thanks

Ryan