PDA

View Full Version : Selling my HOF 8x10s (Mantle, etc) Need help from experts please!

Luke
10-10-2014, 07:07 PM
Hey guys,

I know these kind of threads from random posters can get old. Sorry about that. I do contribute on net54, but mainly on the pre-war card forum.

I've decided to sell my 8x10s. I acquired some of them myself, but I bought most of them back around 2000. Mantle, Mays, Snider, McCovey, and Mathews below were all purchased from a company called Moody's Collectibles. I still have the original invoice. Obviously, I'm hoping they are good, but I'm not sure. Since I am planning to sell some or all on the BST here, or to friends on the forum, I wanted to make sure they are real, or find out if they are fake.

These are the meat of the collection. I have another dozen or so that I either got myself, or send to the player's foundation with a donation (and I assume those are legit).

Please take a look and give me your opinion. And thank you very much for looking!

Econteachert205
10-10-2014, 07:12 PM
Mays, mantle mccovey Mathews snider Musial all look good, aaron I'm pretty confident in. A little hesitant on the Koufax.

TimCarrollArt
10-10-2014, 07:34 PM
Agree with Econ. They all look great to me other than I am unsure on Sandy.

Tim

MikeKam
10-10-2014, 07:34 PM
Mantle is good

Deertick
10-11-2014, 10:16 AM
I have never seen or heard of a "TV Sports Mailbag" autograph being bad. I believe it was almost the equivalent of MLB authenticated from about 1988-91.

As I said in another thread, many times promoters or dealers would photograph these images and make copies in order to maximize profits. They will often be enlarged to the point where the MLPA logo is off the page. (Compare the Mays with the Matthews). While most of these were genuinely signed at autograph shows, more caution is needed.

While I don't like the Matthews or Koufax, they may just be an example of crappy show autos from a guy at the end of the line. IMO the rest are definitely good.

Lordstan
10-11-2014, 10:20 AM
I think they are all good.

Luke
10-11-2014, 11:34 AM
Thank you very much guys