PDA

View Full Version : PSA Photo Authentication turnaround times a joke...

pencil1974
10-10-2014, 12:53 PM
I understand they are busy but 35 working days for photo authentication is horrible. Plus on top of that they usually don't put it in the system for 2-3 weeks after they get it. Do they have only one guy that does it and they have to send it to him in China via carrier pigeon?? Sorry had to vent but that is absurd.

gnaz01
10-10-2014, 12:56 PM
Do they have only one guy that does it

yes

pencil1974
10-10-2014, 12:58 PM
Easy fix is to hire more, I doubt there is only one guy on earth that can authenticate photos... We always seem to have a million on this board that can do it. Farm it out PSA.

Shoeless Moe
10-10-2014, 01:26 PM
everything takes forever with them......getting a ticket slabbed is usually 4 months.

Basically add an additional month to anything you send them to what they say is their processing time, because yes like you said they'll receive one day, but not mark it into their system and get the clocked started for another 2 weeks.

And then of course at the end when the clock is up on the processing time they'll say well we are very busy and those times are just an approximate and then they'll get it out a week to 2 weeks after it should have gone out.

glchen
10-10-2014, 01:34 PM
I think that virtually all photo authentication at PSA goes through Marshall Fogel or Henry Yee. That is, they have other graders that first authenticate the photo, but Fogel or Yee also confirm the accuracy afterwards, and before the photos are shipped out. And both of them have other jobs, so they need to find the time to do this.

I think this is common with other things at PSA also. For example, for unopened material, I believe all packs are sent to Steve Hart at Baseball Card Exchange. Steve authenticates that the pack has not been opened, and then the packs go back to PSA to give a grade to those packs that have been authenticated as good by Steve.

gnaz01
10-10-2014, 05:41 PM
I think that virtually all photo authentication at PSA goes through Marshall Fogel or Henry Yee.

That's pretty much what I meant by 1 person grades for them. I received my ticket stub back in 14 days however......

pencil1974
10-10-2014, 07:39 PM
One or two guys as their part-time job?? Sounds sort like a dumb business model to me but what do I know.