PDA

View Full Version : Best place for cheap 8X10's?

sycks22
10-08-2014, 09:50 AM
Where would be the best place for cheap 8X10's or MLB baseballs for that matter? Thanks

Bpm0014
10-09-2014, 07:37 AM
Not sure if this helps but I always look on eBay.

thecatspajamas
10-09-2014, 04:05 PM
Depends on what kind of quality and vintage you're looking for. Ebay is probably your best bet in general for a wide variety, but be careful of the many sellers who just print crappy screen grabs on their home printer. Promises of archival quality ink and high-ends photo papers don't mean much if they're working with a sub-par source image.

GKreindler
10-09-2014, 04:11 PM
Depends on what kind of quality and vintage you're looking for. Ebay is probably your best bet in general for a wide variety, but be careful of the many sellers who just print crappy screen grabs on their home printer. Promises of archival quality ink and high-ends photo papers don't mean much if they're working with a sub-par source image.

+1000000000000000000.

It's hard for me to fathom how much money I've spent on photos from sellers on eBay who promise only the highest quality and deliver nothing but pixelized screngrabs.

If you want to play it safe, a place like Photofile would be a good source to purchase your 8" x 10"s from. They don't have the hugest selection on their website, but believe me, they have thousands upon thousands of quality images to choose from. They're also licensed by MLB, so the quality is for the most part, pretty damn high. There might be the very occasional image that has been modified in Photoshop poorly, though they're always sharp as a knife.

Graig

MikeKam
10-09-2014, 05:18 PM
Where would be the best place for cheap 8X10's or MLB baseballs for that matter? Thanks

I know most people who get autographs in person just find a high quality image, save it, and print it off at places like Costco. I believe you can also use www.adoramapix.com and have it shipped to your home. Cost seems to be $1.49-$1.89 per 8x10.