PDA

View Full Version : A Lil Bit OT: Babe Ruth Anomaly Cards?

irishdenny
10-08-2014, 12:17 AM
Intrigued early oN by T206 Scrap, Misfit, Miscuts, Proofs & just about any anomaly that has arisen... I was wondering if any one iN Our Illustrious Community Own any of... oR have Seen any of... The Babe?

I recently picked uP a Ghost Card of the Babe from another Board member... And iN the Past few months, the Only Other Card of the Babe's that I have been able to find, iN which would (mis)fit this category, has been this Rare Blue Back of the "Sultan of Swat"!

http://www.robertedwardauctions.com/auction/2009/461.html

If they're Out there... I'd Love to See'em, oR even talk about'em!?

As Always My Good Friends...

ullmandds
10-08-2014, 04:22 AM
I have none...but...id guess there are a good # of ruth strip oddities.

EvilKing00
10-08-2014, 04:36 AM
I have seen a strip card where the regestery was way off, looked pretty cool, I was out bid. :( I have a sheet of german transfers, I guess double stamped or something, pretty blurred, lol, ill post a scan when I get a chance.

irishdenny
10-08-2014, 10:47 AM
Hey there Pete & Steve!

Thanks for chiming iN..

Steve, as for the Strip Card, I believe it's the one that I ended up with.
(I've attached a Scan of the Babe's Ghost!)
And as for your Strips, I'd love to See'em...

Pete, This was my thought too! However, I can't fir the life of me find one to support our thought... Thus, asking the Community came to mind when the my road to finding just one came to an end.

glchen
10-08-2014, 10:58 AM
I think the only thing that I have of Ruth with something like that is this W519 Type 1 with the back image.

glchen
10-08-2014, 11:00 AM
Actually, here's another offset also.

irishdenny
12-11-2014, 05:21 PM
Back Tracking a Bit...

Gary, I Really Think that Your Ruth Strip Cards are Pretty Special!
The W519 has a Unique Artist's Charcoal Pencil Look to it...

Thanks fir ShowiN them to uS!!!

Anyone Else Have AnY " Ruth Freak Cards " ?

LoVe Ta See'em!!!

EvilKing00
12-11-2014, 05:58 PM
I also have an uncut sheet if german transfers, with ruth, that the reg is wayyy off, looks cool. Gonna try now to find it and add pic