PDA

View Full Version : Chantilly Show Oct 10-12

jefferyepayne
10-07-2014, 07:42 AM
Anybody going to the Chantilly Show this weekend in VA? I plan to be there Friday and will be wearing a black Pirates shirt and hat. If you see me, please say 'hi'.

jeff

veleno45
10-07-2014, 08:46 AM
I think I am going there Friday also.

jefferyepayne
10-07-2014, 09:00 AM
I think I am going there Friday also.

Maybe we should pick a time on Friday to get anyone from Net54 together for a quick meet/greet. How about 6pm at the food area? For those that are going, look for me (black Pirates shirt and hat).

jeff

I Only Smoke 4 the Cards
10-07-2014, 09:11 AM
Probably won't make it to this one.

t206hound
10-07-2014, 09:49 AM
school event on Friday means attending on Saturday for me with my son. Probably will wear my TY Hilton jersey to throw off the vendors :rolleyes:

Jason
10-07-2014, 01:40 PM
I'm going even though the last one was a disappointment. I want to think it was due to the National. We shall see.

Jewish-collector
10-07-2014, 02:19 PM
I'll be there either Friday or Saturday.

larrie804
10-07-2014, 08:22 PM
The Fall Chantilly show is normally much better than the summer show. It is usually sold out and there are often bigger autograph names. We ( Dean's House of Cards) will be setting up at our usual location across from the back wall! If my Net54 shirt arrives on time I will be wearing it on Friday. Please stop by a at least say hello! As usual I will give Net54 members a 10% discount if they mention this post.

Larrie Dean
Dean's House of Cards
(Not Dean's Cards)

t206blogcom
10-08-2014, 06:36 AM
I plan on going at least Friday and perhaps again over the weekend. Hope to see the usual crowd.

jefferyepayne
10-08-2014, 06:56 AM
Maybe we should pick a time on Friday to get anyone from Net54 together for a quick meet/greet. How about 6pm at the food area? For those that are going, look for me (black Pirates shirt and hat).

jeff

Bump. For those of you going on Friday. How about we meet at 6pm at the food area for a quick meet and greet? Anybody interested?

jeff

ValKehl
10-08-2014, 04:48 PM
Jeff - I plan to attend Chantilly on Friday (as usual, because it's the free admission day!). I'm a fairly-tall, old dude who wears glasses - I'll be wearing a red baseball cap with "Senators" in cursive on the front and a curly "W" on one side of it. Hope to connect with you and any other Net54 members who attend.
I'll do my best to remember to head over to the food area at 6 p.m. - but, I must add that I have the world's worst memory - I'd write myself a note and stick it in my pocket, but having done this in the past, I usually forget about the note!
Best,
Val

t206hound
10-10-2014, 07:56 PM
How was the show on Friday? Bringing my son and his friend on Saturday.

t206blogcom
10-10-2014, 08:24 PM
I was at the show from 4-6:30 and thought the pre-war material was perhaps better than usual or at least on par with a typical Chantilly show. I didn't see as many people attending the show tonight though, including not as many Net54 folks.

For the memorabilia and auto crowd, lots of Orioles and Nationals stuff.

As always, it was good to see Val and it was nice to meet Jeff. Sorry I didn't have a lot of time to chat this time around.

bbcard1
10-10-2014, 09:03 PM
Decided to go to Marshall's homecoming instead...GO HERD!

ValKehl
10-10-2014, 09:30 PM
Eric,
I would consider it a typical Chantilly Show. Pretty much the usual dealers, although Roger Neufeldt (SP?), who always has a nice variety of vintage cards, was MIA. Enjoyed meeting Jeff P. and Mike M. for the first time and chatting with them. And, it's always good to see Jason S., although I question his hobby dedication, as he chose going to dinner with is wife instead of sitting down and chatting with us! :D
Best to each of you,
Val

Brian Van Horn
10-10-2014, 09:33 PM
Eric,
I would consider it a typical Chantilly Show. Pretty much the usual dealers, although Roger Neufeldt (SP?), who always has a nice variety of vintage cards, was MIA. Enjoyed meeting Jeff P. and Mike M. for the first time and chatting with them. And, it's always good to see Jason S., although I question his hobby dedication, as he chose going to dinner with is wife instead of sitting down and chatting with us! :D
Best to each of you,
Val

The old saying, "Happy wife, happy life." :D

t206blogcom
10-11-2014, 07:18 AM
And, it's always good to see Jason S., although I question his hobby dedication, as he chose going to dinner with is wife instead of sitting down and chatting with us! :D

HAHA! When your pregnant wife says she wants dinner, you listen. :D

jefferyepayne
10-11-2014, 02:28 PM
I was at the show from 4-6:30 and thought the pre-war material was perhaps better than usual or at least on par with a typical Chantilly show. I didn't see as many people attending the show tonight though, including not as many Net54 folks.

For the memorabilia and auto crowd, lots of Orioles and Nationals stuff.

As always, it was good to see Val and it was nice to meet Jeff. Sorry I didn't have a lot of time to chat this time around.

Great to meet you, Jason! All told I saw/met five Net54 members last night and several of us (Hi Val!) had a nice long chat about a variety of card collecting subjects when we gathered at 6pm.

It was fun and hope more people can carve out some time to attend in the Spring.

jeff

t206blogcom
10-12-2014, 01:50 PM
I went back to the show today to get some things and noticed dealers starting to pack up at 11am, an hour after the show opened. I dropped something off to be authenticated and came back at 2pm and 1/3 of the dealers were gone or almost finished packing up.