PDA

View Full Version : please delete

sfacujackcat
10-06-2014, 03:15 PM
please delete

h2oya311
10-06-2014, 03:23 PM
You'd be better served posting this on the pre-war side of the forum. That said, these are all reprints. The back of the Cobb and Jackson are clearly not right, the DiMaggio is too B&W (it should have a sepia tint), and the M101 Ruth corners are too evenly rounded. That is atypical wear on these cards. That is from the attempt to deceive and make the card look "vintage". I'm sure others on the pre-war side could elaborate wrt their inauthenticity if desired.

By chance, did the seller try selling these via craigslist? Lots of scammers on that site! Would be good to warn others of the scammer...

sfacujackcat
10-06-2014, 03:24 PM
Thanks for the heads up. Yea, I'm getting ready to repost in the homepage section.

The seller actually called the sports card store I own and asked about them. I told her to send some pictures, and I'd take a closer look.

You'd be better served posting this on the pre-war side of the forum. That said, these are all reprints. The back of the M101 Ruth is not right and the corners are to evenly rounded. That is atypical wear on these cards. That is from the attempt to deceive and make the card look "vintage".

By chance, did the seller try selling these via craigslist? Lots of scammers on that site!