PDA

View Full Version : Anybody fish?

refz
10-05-2014, 04:01 PM
I caught a couple mean pickerels today. Definatly a good fight and gave my reel a workout.

Econteachert205
10-05-2014, 06:54 PM
I was fly fishing last weekend and caught a small bluegill, while bringing him in a pickerel grabbed the thing and gave me a hell of a fight before finally ripping the fish right off the fly.

RTK
10-09-2014, 05:38 PM
Yes, Walleyes mixed in with Smallmouth and Northern Pike from a 16.5 ft Lund Pro-V and some stream trout fishing, lately in Wisconsin but I've fished Michigan, Ontario, Lake Erie, Minnesota and my home state of Illinois.

Jantz
10-09-2014, 06:13 PM
I've been known to catch a Bass or two. Sometimes two at the same time. ;)

drmondobueno
10-10-2014, 05:56 PM
Not sure if this worked but the attached photo is of a Hollobilt bamboo 6 weight I made and use to chase bigger trout here in the Eastern Sierras. Seem to have put bends in both tips already.:):):)

Bocabirdman
10-11-2014, 08:39 AM
I always have my monger throw me my purchase so I can say I caught them. Does that count?

Paul S
10-11-2014, 03:31 PM
Mike, I'm not sure what the ruling is on gefilte fish:confused:

drcy
10-11-2014, 05:11 PM
My maternal grandfather was a professional fisherman by vocation on Lake Superior (nets not fishing rods). Won a Congressional Gold Lifesaving Medal (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lifesaving_Medal) for saving 13 people from a sinking tour boat in the 1930s in one of the lake's infamous storms. He had to board the boat from his fishing boat, hack through the tour boat's roof with an axe to get them out, and lost his own boat in the process. The gold version of the medal is given out to "an individual who performed a rescue or attempted rescue at the risk of his or her own life, and demonstrates extreme and heroic daring." I own the medal, inherited it from him when he died.

He was a hard drinking, pipe smoking guy, missing two fingers and with lots of salty stories. His hobby was refurbishing his 1930 Model A and I remember the fish dinners at my grandparents house right on the shore of Lake Superior.

pariah1107
10-14-2014, 10:02 AM
I used to fish commercially in Alaska, and have been on every type of boat from 28 foot drift-netters in Bristol Bay to 250 foot factory trawlers in the Gulf of Alaska.

Now I live in the lower 48, but have always stayed close to fishing. It's a passion. I can drive an hour for Snake River sturgeon, 20 minutes to the Columbia River for sockeye and king salmon, 15 minutes to many of the finger lakes around for big mouth bass, or 5 minutes to the Yakima River for rainbows and dollies. A fisherman's paradise here in central Washington.

DHogan
10-14-2014, 05:56 PM
I used to fish commercially in Alaska, and have been on every type of boat from 28 foot drift-netters in Bristol Bay to 250 foot factory trawlers in the Gulf of Alaska.

Now I live in the lower 48, but have always stayed close to fishing. It's a passion. I can drive an hour for Snake River sturgeon, 20 minutes to the Columbia River for sockeye and king salmon, 15 minutes to many of the finger lakes around for big mouth bass, or 5 minutes to the Yakima River for rainbows and dollies. A fisherman's paradise here in central Washington.

Stop ! Your making me jealous. ;)

bigtrain
10-16-2014, 08:49 AM
I always suggest to my friends that they combine a trip to the Baseball Hall of Fame with a fishing trip. In my opinion, Otsego Lake at Cooperstown is one of the most underfished lakes I have been on. I usually go for bass and Otsego has largemouth, smallmouth and a variety known as Otsego bass. I have also hooked yellow perch, pickerel, walleye, and numerous other varieties. Atlantic Salmon, Brown Trout, Rainbow Trout, Brook Trout and Lake Trout are also there in abundance. The lake is a manageable size for a small boat, about 9 miles long and 1 to 1 1/2 mile across but quite deep at 160 feet in some spots.

BicycleSpokes
11-11-2014, 03:28 PM
Love to fish. Cannot beat fishing for Idaho Snake River sturgeon!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk