PDA

View Full Version : Status of Card Target?

GregMitch34
10-04-2014, 08:27 PM
Was checking prices for a couple runs of cards and saw no new prices for months or a year. I knew they were in trouble awhile back but thought resolved. Are they kaput or are they keeping up with some issues and not others or what?

Leon
10-04-2014, 08:38 PM
It is my understanding that it has been sold and I am not sure what the new owners are doing with it right now. Others might know more....

I might add that there was a CardTarget chat area on this board, as I was associated with it for a while, but since there are new owners that isn't there anymore. I hope they keep it going and update it as it's a good service.

CardTarget
10-07-2014, 09:43 AM
The service is under the care of new owners. They are working hard on changing the interface and adding even more functionality. I don't know when they plan on launching anything new. Hopefully soon!

timn1
10-07-2014, 10:43 AM
I am not connected with the CardTarget ownership but I have been actively corresponding with the current custodians-

this started when I offered to add the M116 set to the site, which I thought was a major gap, and I finished that about a month ago. There are stubborn kinks with some of the variations in the set that we are still working out, but the basics are there. I have moved on to classifying T207s, which will take a little while, but it is in process.

I also got the T205 and T201/202 sales up to date. There are a great many T206 auctions waiting to be processed... anybody want to take those on? :p

My sense is the proprietors are definitely interested in adding new stuff and keeping the site active; the main issue is time. If you want to help, consider volunteering to add a set you're interested in. It is a free service, after all, which is why we like it - and I find the process rather enjoyable (plus you learn a lot more about the set's values).