PDA

View Full Version : The MOST annoying commercial---

GoldenAge50s
10-03-2014, 06:24 PM
Is it just me, or are the new "Don't touch my Dart" the most irritating & annoying commercials in a LONG time? I can't stand them!

bnorth
10-03-2014, 06:31 PM
Is it just me, or are the new "Don't touch my Dart" the most irritating & annoying commercials in a LONG time? I can't stand them!

I agree Fred they are horrible. One of me new favorites is the Ickey Woods commercial. I do have to tell a lot of people who he is though.

GoldenAge50s
10-03-2014, 06:46 PM
Yeah, I thought the same thing when I saw it! How many folks would remember Ickey & what he was known for?

I LOVE just about every one of those Geico gems! It took me a while to figure out the "words CAN hurt you" one tho! LOL!

AgonyandIvy
10-03-2014, 07:26 PM
If it doesn't matter if it's video or audio, there is no way those Dart commercials are the most annoying. I can name that tune in 7 notes:

One-eight-seven-seven-Kars-for-kids.

I have to turn off the radio or I would go and burn the place down to the ground just having the opening notes hit my ears.

gregr2
10-03-2014, 07:35 PM
"Get some cold cuts, get some cold cuts"... brilliant!

EvilKing00
10-04-2014, 10:09 AM
Yeah, I thought the same thing when I saw it! How many folks would remember Ickey & what he was known for?

I LOVE just about every one of those Geico gems! It took me a while to figure out the "words CAN hurt you" one tho! LOL!

you know when your old when you know how to do the ickey shuffle! :D

pclpads
10-04-2014, 11:16 AM

And how many would care? :rolleyes:

bnorth
10-04-2014, 06:48 PM
As far as annoying commercials go we have a local complete scum bag trial lawyer Scott Hoy that has many sleazy commercials that seem like they are constantly on. This isn't even close to the worst/weirdest one but I found this example on youtube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3WuHTn2qXs

deucetwins
10-05-2014, 07:58 PM
Currently, the most annoying are the political ads that run incessantly here in Arkansas on every channel. I'm ready for the election to be over so we can get back to normal ads.

I Only Smoke 4 the Cards
10-09-2014, 02:24 PM
My all-time favorite political commercial was Michael Steel's "I don't hate puppies commercial."

Paul S
10-11-2014, 08:44 AM
It didn't take long for Rob Lowe endorsing Direct TV to make the top of my list. Matthew McConaughey driving a Lincoln saying he drove one before he was paid to do it...well, that's climbing my list fast.

GoldenAge50s
10-11-2014, 09:03 AM
I almost made a post about the Rob Lowe's---now 2nd on my list to the Dart's!!

2dueces
10-17-2014, 07:04 AM
It didn't take long for Rob Lowe endorsing Direct TV to make the top of my list. Matthew McConaughey driving a Lincoln saying he drove one before he was paid to do it...well, that's climbing my list fast.

Matthew McConaughey doesn't have enough money already? Payton Manning humming the insurance company tune. Not enough money yet Payton?

Yea right Matthew drove a Lincoln.

sycks22
10-17-2014, 04:30 PM
There's a sprint commercial where about 4 ladies in their 30's start screaming and break wine glasses. Worst commercial ever.

DHogan
10-17-2014, 05:40 PM
If annoying radio commercials count. There's been one on the Boston air waves for a while from a car dealership in the Lawrence Mass. area Common Wealth Motors thats family owned, where the daughter repeats over and over "no money down". Or the same dealer commercial where the father rings a bell again and again. Augh !

jiw98
10-18-2014, 08:02 PM
Has anyone seen the Charter Cable business networking commercial where the office workers are dancing around the office and singing the phone number and monthly price like a bunch idiots. The commercial drives me nuts.

barrysloate
10-20-2014, 08:48 AM
Any political ad, regardless of who is attacking whom, is on the top of my list. And I'm sure the next two weeks will be chock full of them.

And definitely the Mathew McConaughey ad. I hit the mute button for that one.

frankbmd
10-20-2014, 12:31 PM
I considered a career in advertising, but I was too good, so I ended up selling on BST.;)

GoldenAge50s
10-25-2014, 08:50 PM
Funny, but the Matthew Mc Lincoln (I think it is) commercial doesn't bother me at all!

--and the 3rd Rob Lowe is REALLY reaching the depths of the absurdly weirdest of all! (Where he can't pee in public!)

mattjc1983
10-25-2014, 09:02 PM
Although PCMatic commercials are so annoying that I suspect it's on purpose (one of those make it so bad that they cannot forget it)

Louieman
10-28-2014, 08:00 AM
I'm sorry those Dart commericals are hilarious. Craig Robinson is awesome. On the other hand, the other day I watched a trailer for John Wick and saw more emotion in Keanu than I have since Bill&Ted, and meanwhile Matthew McConaghey is acting all serious and mysterious in his Lincoln commercials...and it all got me thinking that the world has gone insane and I'm too old for this sh?!

I Only Smoke 4 the Cards
10-30-2014, 10:41 AM
The Rob Lowe commercials annoy me.