PDA

View Full Version : What website do you use to display your collection

Jobu
09-28-2014, 03:52 PM
I am working on scanning some of my collection and am considering posting them online. Since joining Net54 I have seen a variety of different sites used for this purpose.

Please tell me what site you use and what you have found to be its pros and cons (including cost and ease of use).

Thanks.

ajjohnsonsoxfan
09-28-2014, 04:04 PM
Recently set up a free site using simple interface at WIX.com. Purchased domain at Go Daddy and then forwarded the domain to the free WIX domain.
www.1914crackerjackcollector.com

jb217676
09-28-2014, 07:55 PM
I use image event for $25.00 a year, I love it!

http://imageevent.com/jeffintoronto

MattyC
09-28-2014, 07:57 PM
Collectorfocus.com and it's free.

the 'stache
09-28-2014, 08:20 PM
Bryan, I hope you don't mind if I piggy back this thread, because we're looking for the same thing, though I think the way we're ultimately going to go about doing it are different.

I am developing my own website. I taught myself HTML and CSS about ten years ago, and I'm going to start brushing up on my coding this week, as I haven't been keeping up with the changes that have come out since the WC3 adopted HTML 5.0 as the web standard. After I have the essentials down, I am going to be coding all the pages to the site by hand. I'm very old school. I write my pages in Notepad ++. The only thing I want that I won't be writing is a super high quality image gallery that I can upload to my website. I have looked at a few that have come close, but most of them are plugins to a Word Press template. That's an option, and I could ultimately go that route. But I think Wordpress is a bit restrictive. You basically get a two, three or four column layout.

Boring.

I have found several sites that I've liked while browsing the web the last few months. Certain elements that I'll be able to deconstruct and emulate once I have the HTML 5.0 mastered. But I would love to create a home page that almost has a gui feel to it. The image gallery is the one place I want to have a rigid structure, at least right now.

Does anybody have suggestions on awesome image gallerie software I can directly upload to my own server? I do not want something like Imageshack, or CollectorFocus. There's nothing wrong with them, but they don't fit what I need. I like complete control. I don't want the same format 5,000 other people are using.

Thanks!

ZachS
09-28-2014, 08:49 PM
Check out Weebly. You can create your own website and the basic stuff is free.

The Louisiana Cards site in my signature is Weebly.

BaseballYakker
09-29-2014, 07:19 AM
If you want something simple and free with an easy interface, use Flickr. It offers virtually unlimited storage space for image uploads. It's has relatively good organizing features and comes with a subdomain address (e.g. flickr.com/example). It's not very customizable, but I've never found that to be much of an issue.

pawpawdiv9
09-29-2014, 09:00 AM
i started with PhotoBucket and still do...but i do like some others posted here much better.

T206.org
09-29-2014, 09:06 AM
CollectorFocus.com (...and I'm the developer for the site too -- would appreciate any feedback, thanks!)

MattyC
09-29-2014, 09:51 AM
Trae-- fantastic site. I have used it for years and recommended it to many. A pleasure to be able to thank you for the hobby service.

johnmh71
09-29-2014, 10:07 AM
Trae:

I like the site as well and have recommended it.

MattyC
09-29-2014, 10:58 AM
Trae: love the new feature showing more cards on each page!

BicycleSpokes
09-29-2014, 01:07 PM
I also recently started using collectorfocus.com, following a recommendation I found on this forum, and found it extremely easy to set up and use. I especiaaly like the ability to tag a card with multiple attributes, which I use to enable easy sorting of cards by pose, subset, or whatever you imagine. To echo the previous comments, Thanks Trae for creating your site!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

T2069bk
09-29-2014, 01:26 PM
Trae-

Just wanted to add I love the site as well....have been moving over there from Photobucket because I love how crisp and easy to use your site is. Thanks for developing it!

T206.org
09-29-2014, 09:18 PM
Way cool, thanks everyone! I'm glad you're all finding the site useful. I appreciate the feedback emails I've received as well. I'll be reviewing and replying soon.

Jobu
09-29-2014, 10:16 PM
Thanks for the feedback, I will check these sites out. Trae, thanks for making a dedicated platform just for this purpose -- and thank you especially for keeping it free.

Moyni
10-01-2014, 06:23 PM
CollectorFocus.com (...and I'm the developer for the site too -- would appreciate any feedback, thanks!)

Just sent you a PM/email about your site.

BTW, I currently us www.sportscardalbum.com and I like it. It is free, but I have a hard time searching and sorting all of my images (I have over 1,500).

Brian Van Horn
10-02-2014, 07:57 AM
Only a little over 10% of the collection:

http://www.net54baseball.com/member.php?u=270