PDA

View Full Version : OT- Strange non-occurence on Jeter night

RichardSimon
09-27-2014, 10:59 AM
According to the NY Daily News both Hal and Hank Steinbrenner were NOT in Yankee Stadium for Derek Jeter's last Yankee Stadium game.
Seems like, maybe, there is something below the surface that we don't know about ??

D. Bergin
09-27-2014, 11:25 AM
According to the NY Daily News both Hal and Hank Steinbrenner were NOT in Yankee Stadium for Derek Jeter's last Yankee Stadium game.
Seems like, maybe, there is something below the surface that we don't know about ??

Maybe they were busy trying to lock up Miguel Tejada for the next 5 years.

;)

roarfrom34
09-27-2014, 02:39 PM
Not that all significant, but I did see the daughter (can't recall her name) sitting near the dugout

ooo-ribay
09-28-2014, 11:01 AM
Maybe they were in ongoing negotiations with Brandon Steiner?

RichardSimon
09-28-2014, 12:32 PM
Maybe they were in ongoing negotiations with Brandon Steiner?

You mean the man trying to sell Jeter game used socks for $400 a pair?

7nohitter
09-28-2014, 12:46 PM
Weren't they scouting Steve Balboni and Ken Phelps?

mets41
09-28-2014, 06:54 PM
I don't give a rat's ass about the steinbrenner boys or their father.

ooo-ribay
09-28-2014, 08:45 PM
I don't give a rat's ass about the steinbrenner boys or their father.

Nor do I, but I'm not sure a Mets fan should cast stones...

w7imel
10-02-2014, 03:41 PM
Richard this has been my problem with the Yankees since George passed away, his kids are running it like a "buisiness" to where as George ran it like it was his favorite boyhood toy that he always wanted to show the other kids on the block up, sprucing it up constantly putting more money into it to "one up" the other kids. His kids IMO just see this whole thing as a cash cow to increase their wealth. I once saw an interview that George did on HBO to where he talked about why he had an endless budget to improve yankees. His sentiment was that there were some new yorkers who determined if their day was good or bad by how well the yankees did the night before and he loved new york and wanted them to have more good days than bad. He love his team, cried when munson died, love him like a son he said. You think this crew cares like that, they would have only creid over jersey sale revenue lost if he died. This new yankee ownership will miss alot of playoffs in the future if they dont go back to the old mans way of doing things, Thats for the love of the game not the love of money. Thats why cubs piss me off as well. I feel ownership there is content to keep team sucking as long as they keep sold out everygame.