PDA

View Full Version : Stolen Autographs

rschisler
09-26-2014, 10:39 PM
Hi guys. I unfortunately had my house broken into today and some of my memorabilia was taken. They missed a lot of the better stuff, but they did grab one stack of autograph postcards I had purchased from Kirk Welch over the last couple of years. I've attached photos of the items, so if you happen to see any of them listed somewhere online I'd appreciate so much if you let me know. Not super high dollar items, but they were some of my favorite images on the postcards and I certainly don't make the kind of money that this is no big deal... I appreciate you keeping an eye out and thanks for your help!!

johnmh71
09-27-2014, 05:55 AM
I'm sorry to hear about that Ryan. I'd be going nuts right now. I'll keep an eye out for you online.

rschisler
09-27-2014, 06:43 AM
Thanks, John! I really appreciate it.

khw
09-28-2014, 04:06 PM
HEY ryan sorry to hear this , i should have a copy of all the transactions, and can make hard copy invoices , and most images , if you need for insurance just let me know , maybe can replace a few just let me know ... kirk

Klrdds
09-28-2014, 07:39 PM
Sorry to hear about your loss, hopefully they can catch the people who did it. I noticed from your post it occurred on Saturday. On Monday I would contact pawn shops and card shops/dealers in your area and alert them .
Hopefully they will not try to remove the items from the holders . First it will provide ironclad identification for them, and secondly that they will not damage the cards when trying to remove them.
Good Luck

rschisler
09-28-2014, 09:22 PM
Thanks guys! I actually talked with the big memorabilia shop here in town right away and let them know what the items were so they would keep an eye out for them. The pawn shops said they typically don't take sports collectibles, but I did file a police report with all those serial numbers and they collect pawn shop receipts weekly so if they do happen to come through hopefully they will let me know.

Considering that they stole the case of beer out of my fridge too, I'm guessing these are kids that don't even have any idea what it is they took... Just keeping my fingers crossed that they will post them on Ebay still in the holders. Thanks again for your help and advice!

I Only Smoke 4 the Cards
10-04-2014, 09:08 AM
This sucks. If it is kids then hopefully they take it to the sports Store.

rschisler
10-13-2014, 06:25 AM
Just saw all of these listed on Ebay! Looks like they got sold to a sports guy in the town 20 minutes south of here. I can't get any one from the investigative office at the police station to pick up right now but seems like I'll have a good shot at getting these back! Thanks to those of you who sent advice on how to track them down.

Den*nis O*Brien
10-13-2014, 08:00 AM
This is turning out to be a good news/interesting saga! Six days and 8 hrs. to go in auction. Congrats Ryan on good detective work!! Please keep us updated. Sincerely, Dennis

Mr. Zipper
10-13-2014, 09:48 AM
Did you file a police report when they were stolen? If so, you should have no problem getting them back eventually.

Klrdds
10-13-2014, 09:48 AM
Good news and good luck. Hopefully you will get your cards returned, and catch the guys that did this.