bnorth
09-25-2014, 06:55 PM
The Yankees game is free today on mlb.com

Orioles1954
09-25-2014, 07:06 PM
Let's Go O's!

icollectDCsports
09-25-2014, 08:22 PM
The O's did him a favor by tying in top 9. What an ending.

gregr2
09-25-2014, 08:25 PM
Great ending.

yanksfan09
09-25-2014, 08:37 PM
Hollywood couldn't have scripted it better. YEAAA JEETS!

wazoo
09-25-2014, 08:41 PM
One of the best games ever!

bnorth
09-25-2014, 08:58 PM
As someone who has paid scalpers crazy money for tickets before the ones that did for todays Yankee game got their moneys worth!!!!

What an amazing game.

h2oya311
09-25-2014, 08:59 PM
Seriously...I know it would have gotten a lot of criticism, but why didn't they walk him to set up the double play?? It's almost like the two teams decided exactly how they wanted it to play out...I felt like I was watching the AS game all over again w/ "a grooved fastball". Surprised no teams ever employed a reverse shift on Jeter. Every game I watch he hits at least one past the second baseman.

savedfrommyspokes
09-25-2014, 09:01 PM
why didn't they walk him to set up the double play??

Because he is hitting .250 something this season.

Northviewcats
09-25-2014, 09:16 PM
I'm surprised that Jeter could even play that game with that much attention focused on him. 3 RBIs, game winning hit. Amazing performance.

If you did script it you could not have done a better job.

Joe

MacDice
09-25-2014, 09:19 PM
Seriously...I know it would have gotten a lot of criticism, but why didn't they walk him to set up the double play?? It's almost like the two teams decided exactly how they wanted it to play out...I felt like I was watching the AS game all over again w/ "a grooved fastball". Surprised no teams ever employed a reverse shift on Jeter. Every game I watch he hits at least one past the second baseman.

Bad baseball. They should have walked him

yankees23
09-26-2014, 11:47 AM
Surprised no teams ever employed a reverse shift on Jeter. Every game I watch he hits at least one past the second baseman.[/QUOTE]

Maybe because he pulled one to left center about 400 feet off the wall his first at bat. Jeter hits to all fields.

Paul S
09-26-2014, 12:26 PM
Surprised no teams ever employed a reverse shift on Jeter. Every game I watch he hits at least one past the second baseman.

Maybe because he pulled one to left center about 400 feet off the wall his first at bat. Jeter hits to all fields.

Yah, that would be my answer too.

freakhappy
09-26-2014, 12:55 PM

The first thing I thought when Gardner sacrificed was, no way they are actually going to walk him here...and they didn't. I feel that there was no way showalter wanted to take the heat if he walks jeter in what may have been his last at bat at Yankee stadium...no way. I don't care if the smart thing says to int walk him. In this instance, you take your chances and tip your cap afterwards. Jeter still had to get a hit and honestly, he hasn't been good this year, so really it wasn't a horrible move anyway. I truly don't think too many people thought this was the wrong move because of the circumstances.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

deucetwins
09-26-2014, 06:04 PM
Showalter did the right thing by pitching to him. Respect for the game. Also good for the game. Some things are more important and/or greater than an intentional walk even though game circumstances warrant it.