PDA

View Full Version : 7-11 slurpee disc question

mybestbretts
09-25-2014, 06:05 PM
I just upgraded my 1986 7-11 slurpee coin #11 batting champs - central region. I had an 8 and replaced it with a 10 and noticed the difference of
color of the disc. What's going on here?162095

DaClyde
09-25-2014, 06:46 PM
The authority:

http://www.ericscards.com/coins/slurpee_baseball.html

mybestbretts
09-25-2014, 07:21 PM
I Found that, and I only have more questions. Those show Triple Stars" on
the back. These are batting champs. I think the blue one is triple stars.
I am wondering if there was another group called batting champs.

DaClyde
09-25-2014, 07:35 PM
I Found that, and I only have more questions. Those show Triple Stars" on
the back. These are batting champs. I think the blue one is triple stars.
I am wondering if there was another group called batting champs.

I think one of the graded cards is listed in the wrong region.

Gmrson
09-26-2014, 07:55 AM
There is always the chance one is a "wrong back". Check the code at the bottom on the reverse. All discs from the same region have the same code.

I agree w/DaClyde, probably slabbed with the wrong info.

mybestbretts
09-26-2014, 08:53 AM
Obviously I know nothing about these disc. The only reason I am trying to figure this out is because of the registry and I think you for trying to help
me. If you go the the web site above, which I did, they only show East, Mideast, Midwest and West in 1986. My registry shows all" batting champs" and
they are Central region, Eastern region, South region and Western region

DaClyde
09-26-2014, 05:10 PM
Obviously I know nothing about these disc. The only reason I am trying to figure this out is because of the registry and I think you for trying to help
me. If you go the the web site above, which I did, they only show East, Mideast, Midwest and West in 1986. My registry shows all" batting champs" and
they are Central region, Eastern region, South region and Western region

The "batting champs" only applies to the specific disc shown. It doesn't apply to the whole set. All regions have all of the various groupings like "Batting Champs" or "Power Hitters".

71buc
09-26-2014, 11:16 PM
I think one of the graded cards is listed in the wrong region.

I have to agree. For some strange reason I have uncut sheets from all four regions from this set. Don't ask:o Each sheet has the exact same disc in the same repeating order. There are 76 disc on each sheet. The disc in question has the same three players in every color combination. Every disc on all four sheets has the Triple Stars title at the top of the disc. The images on the right are the reverse of disc pictured on the left. I hope this helps.

mybestbretts
09-27-2014, 07:27 PM
Interesting, thank you so much for your help