PDA

View Full Version : Thanks to our Group Break........Donation to- Animals Abused and Abandoned

Leon
09-25-2014, 01:55 PM
Thanks to our Net54baseball Group break I made a donation of $97 today to a fine organization, Animals Abused and Abandoned. Thanks again for helping our fine four legged friends, guys!!

http://www.animals-abused.org/

Animals Abused and Abandoned - Donation $97.00 USD 1 $97.00 USD
Subtotal $97.00 USD
Total $97.00 USD
Payment $97.00 USD
Payment sent to moniquevoelker25@yahoo.com

Also, for our next break the 100% transparency will continue, the 10% mark up will continue but it could be split a little differently in order to compensate Nick (hi Nick) a little more for his time. I think the up front "$2.00 an hour" sarcasm was probably close to the truth, if not a little heavy :). Lastly I am considering keeping the few percent I receive close to home for some of the breaks to defer a little unexpected cost of these 3 new Luckey family members, who were let go in our neighborhood starving and running loose and scared a few days ago. They found a home though..... They are Lucy, Linus and Sally.......please welcome them to the family. I am building a fence this weekend (the one in the background is the next door neighbors) :). My wife is oh so happy!! (sarcasm duly noted). We now have 5 dogs, 4 of them were found running the streets.

packs
09-25-2014, 01:56 PM
Awesome!

cubsfan-budman
09-25-2014, 02:03 PM
very cool. happy to be a part of this!

gregr2
09-25-2014, 02:05 PM
Well done Leon! The set break was a lot of fun and it is nice to see your share going to a worthy cause.

Congrats on the new family members!

barrysloate
09-25-2014, 02:16 PM
You're a good man Leon to take in those strays. That's a big responsibility. Good luck with them.

oldcardboard
09-25-2014, 02:16 PM
Awesome! Leon, keep up the amazing work! Its been 22 years since a DD took my wife and twin 2 yr old girls away from me. Dogs have been my life ever since. What your doing has a special place in my heart,and with many others I'm sure. This world needs more caring people like you.

bunst
09-25-2014, 03:22 PM
Thanks for supporting such a good cause!

Luke
09-25-2014, 04:31 PM
That's awesome Leon, great job. I'm glad we could all help in a small way while doing something fun. Those dogs you took in are really cute! I'm sure they will make you as happy as you have made them by giving a nice home.

chernieto
09-25-2014, 04:55 PM
Great Job Leon !
I like old cards and stuff but dogs bring more happiness into our home.
Those dogs look awesome although the one on the far right looks like a very nice reprint to me.

Eric72
09-25-2014, 05:04 PM
Leon,

Keep up the great work. Congrats on the new additions.

Best regards,

Eric

Rich Klein
09-25-2014, 05:26 PM
I have a wonderful PIA whippet named Jenny which I'd be happy to donate to your cause :p

Leon
09-25-2014, 05:56 PM
I have a wonderful PIA whippet named Jenny which I'd be happy to donate to your cause :p

Five is enough Rich, but thanks anyway. :o

autograf
09-25-2014, 08:13 PM
Daisy Boblitt, a 12 year old, 12 lb miniature schnauzer from Kentucky is also available for long distance relocation as well......

ZenPop
09-25-2014, 09:56 PM
Attaway Leon!

Thanks so much for taking care of the pooches and for having such an awesome site! (and the Break is brilliant, too!)

Cheers!

wolf441
09-26-2014, 06:20 AM
That is great Leon!! You are a good man to take in those pups (and your wife is a good woman for putting up with it! :D).

We got this little pup in July from Forever Home, by way of Mississippi.

She's a Plott Hound and her name is Penny. My 10 year old is attempting to train her!

peterb69
09-26-2014, 06:38 AM
Good choice Leon.

pgellis
09-26-2014, 09:47 AM
That's wonderful to hear. I adopted my dog from a local shelter about 2.5 years ago and he is absolutely wonderful. He was listed as a pitbull, but I believe he is Labrador / American Bulldog mix. It wouldn't matter, he's absolutely wonderful.
I now volunteer every Saturday afternoon at the shelter that I got my dog from. I great way to pay it forward......

This shelter only has 3 dogs available for adoption, but they have been waiting for a couple of years. They are great dogs (Pitbull, Pitbull Mixes) - 2 Females and 1 Male. They are all approximately 4 - 4.5 years old.

If anyone is in the Massachusetts area, (the shelter is located on Cape Cod) and is thinking about adopting a shelter dog, please let me know if you are interested. I can answer any questions and arrange for a meeting if you want to give one of these dogs a "forever home".

https://www.petfinder.com/pet-search?shelterid=MA448

Luke
09-26-2014, 09:55 AM

bnorth
09-26-2014, 03:28 PM
That is awesome Leon!

Here is a picture of our current rescue dog. We got him almost a year ago. Before Bubba(pictured) we had a St Bernard and Rottweiler that we had for 13 years that came from the same rescue.

This is my/our first Pit Bull and I find it really funny that some people shy away from the little 75 lb. Pit when the same people would run up to my St Bernard to pet him.

I like the giant dogs because of their laid back attitude. So when we decided to get another dog I was not looking for a little dog but the little Pit Bull pictured sad puppy eyed me into taking him home with us and we are very happy he did.

bnorth
09-26-2014, 03:32 PM
That's wonderful to hear. I adopted my dog from a local shelter about 2.5 years ago and he is absolutely wonderful. He was listed as a pitbull, but I believe he is Labrador / American Bulldog mix. It wouldn't matter, he's absolutely wonderful.
I now volunteer every Saturday afternoon at the shelter that I got my dog from. I great way to pay it forward......

This shelter only has 3 dogs available for adoption, but they have been waiting for a couple of years. They are great dogs (Pitbull, Pitbull Mixes) - 2 Females and 1 Male. They are all approximately 4 - 4.5 years old.

If anyone is in the Massachusetts area, (the shelter is located on Cape Cod) and is thinking about adopting a shelter dog, please let me know if you are interested. I can answer any questions and arrange for a meeting if you want to give one of these dogs a "forever home".

https://www.petfinder.com/pet-search?shelterid=MA448

That is very cool Phil.

How the heck is Sheamus not adopted, that is one cute little dog. If I lived closer he would have a home.

freakhappy
09-26-2014, 03:44 PM
Great job, Leon...hats off to you!

As far as the set break goes, I believe you and nick absolutely deserve to make some sort of profit. From the looks of it, nick put a lot of time and effort (so did you) into organizing this whole thing and as long as it's a reasonable price in the end, you guys can do what you please with the small profit you gain from it.

Thanks for running the set break and hopefully I can participate in the next one :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk