PDA

View Full Version : Trivia & Little Kernals of Data:

clydepepper
09-24-2014, 01:56 PM
I'm actually asking more questions than giving answers...please forgive my ineptitude (which could be Latin for lazy at research)

1.) With Jeter retiring, it once again falls to us to mention how much the game has changed. Specifically, the dwindling number of players who spend their entire career with one team.

Aside from Jeter, I can only think of four more: Mauer and three Phillies: Rollins, Utley, & Howard.

Can anyone think of any others?

2.) The Tigers have a rarity in their lineup: In Cabrera, V.Martinez, and JD Martinez they have three players with .300 BA/ .350 OBP/ .500 SLG

Seems like it's been a while since we've seen that in one locale. Can anyone remember the last trio like this? Don't check with me, I have not researched it, just thought it was rare enough to bring up.

3.) Ever wonder what the most times one team has been shutout in a single calendar month? While the Braves have been shut out an appalling six times this month, I have a feeling the record is not in jeopardy. Anyone know that one?

I'm anxious to see what this incredible Baseball Think Tank comes up with.
?

barrysloate
09-24-2014, 02:31 PM
There certainly have been an incredible number of shutouts this year. I wouldn't be surprised if it is close to the record.

David Wright has spent his entire career with the Mets, and will probably retire as a Met, despite the fact he has been a huge disappointment.

packs
09-24-2014, 03:27 PM
I know nothing is definite but I can't imagine King Felix pitching anywhere else but Seattle. He had the option to leave and stayed.

The 1998 and 1999 Yanks came very close to having three guys with 300/350/500 but missed it by just a couple tenths of a point.

BearBailey
09-24-2014, 10:46 PM
Nick Markakis Orioles
Billy butler royals
Justin verlander tigers