PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of this

HOF Auto Rookies
09-11-2014, 10:42 PM
I found this http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=161417942930 extremely interesting. I have never really thought about serial numbers on slabs to see if they are worth more, kind of like currency serial numbers.

I personally wouldn't buy one card or another that I'm interested based on different slab numbers. I can see how specific sequences can be special.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

itjclarke
09-11-2014, 10:51 PM
I think the buyer should crack and resubmit, see if he can bump it to a 10:D

I'm not taken at all by the number, but do think it's cool when sequential cards meet again later in life. I got this Greenberg a few months ago... Ruffing just came and its s/n is 1 number higher. Guessing they may have been housemates prior to their being graded.

Leon
09-13-2014, 05:42 PM
20 millionth grading. That's a lot of plastic.

arc2q
09-13-2014, 05:51 PM
I actually think that is pretty cool that it was the 20th million card they've graded. Assuming they have gone purely sequentially. They should have done something special for that. It's a nice card too. good thing that number was not used on grading a reprint or something less desirable.

Bestdj777
09-13-2014, 06:00 PM
I actually think that is pretty cool that it was the 20th million card they've graded. Assuming they have gone purely sequentially. They should have done something special for that. It's a nice card too. good thing that number was not used on grading a reprint or something less desirable.

There was an article in Sports Collectors Daily about this card. They have the guy that submitted it a Bryce Harper autographed ball I believe.

I'd be tempted to pay a small premium for the number. Not sure what this card typically brings but I'm assuming the seller is attaching a bit of a premium to it.