PDA

View Full Version : Bob Feller all star program info???

sam majors
09-08-2014, 04:52 PM
Does anyone know if the Bob Feller All Stars vs Satchel Paige All Stars program has been reprinted? I think it's from 1946 and has an orange cover. Any information would be appreciated. Thanks, Sam Majors

Joe Hunter
09-08-2014, 06:01 PM
Yes, they have. I have had a copy of both and they are difficult to tell apart. The reprinted ones will just "look and feel" newer, while all of the original ones I've seen show quite a bit of wear. Also the pictures in the newer ones I think are just a little more blurry than the originals. Also, Feller signed many of the reprinted ones. I no longer own either one, but if I can find scans, I'll post them.

Joe Hunter
09-08-2014, 06:29 PM
The program on the left is a reprint, while the one on the right is an original. There are no markings anywhere on the reprint that identify it as such.

sam majors
09-09-2014, 09:33 AM
I'd like to thank Rob and Joe for the information on the program. The reprint photo in the response from Joe confirms to me that there were reprints. I have a program with the exact same numbers on the bottom right corner of the front cover of the program program. Thanks again! Sam Majors

Joe Hunter
09-09-2014, 10:09 AM
I should have said the program on the TOP is the reprint program.

ethicsprof
09-11-2014, 11:07 AM
great programs and thanks for the education re: identifying reprints.
all the best,
barry