PDA

View Full Version : Need Help Identifying These Autographs

justjoe
09-04-2014, 11:51 AM
Hi Again
You guys did a great job with the last balls I posted here. You identified every one of them within 48 hours. I found a few more in my closet that I need help with. So if anyone can help, it would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks!

packs
09-04-2014, 12:09 PM
Second one looks like Shawn Green.

Third looks like Dave Winfield.

No read on the first one.

Duluth Eskimo
09-04-2014, 12:48 PM
The first one actually looks like Cris Carter the football player.

justjoe
09-04-2014, 01:17 PM
The first one actually looks like Cris Carter the football player.

Duluth, I think you are correct. I vaguely remember buying a Cris Carter autographed baseball about 10 years ago or so. Thanks so much!!!!

justjoe
09-04-2014, 01:18 PM

Thanks Packs! I will do a little research on both of those. I really appreciate it

justjoe
09-04-2014, 01:26 PM

Definitely Shawn Green. Thanks man!

MooseDog
09-05-2014, 02:09 AM
I think the last one might be Devon White, not Winfield.

baseball tourist
09-05-2014, 06:33 AM
I think the last one might be Devon White, not Winfield.

Devo for sure.

khkco4bls
09-05-2014, 07:38 AM
I'm so sick and tired of hearing guys asking whose autographs are on baseballs. who cares the autographs look like s***. you can't read them. Why collect them.

packs
09-05-2014, 08:08 AM
It looked like a rushed Winfield to me at first. Wasn't familiar with White's sig.

I will also never understand why anyone would collect autographs based on what it looks like. Isn't it the player you're collecting? If you wanted art you could buy art. Would you give Miguel Cabrera a handwriting test before letting him sign your baseball?

khkco4bls
09-05-2014, 10:08 AM
I would give him a writing test. I just don't understand why guys sign these days with just a little scribble lines it doesn't make any sense. you can't decipher who is who on these baseballs.l not like back in the day when guys cared what their names look like,Babe Ruth Lou Gehrig, you could read them. this day in age you can not read these names. most guys autographs these days look like a joke.

justjoe
09-05-2014, 10:54 AM
I'm so sick and tired of hearing guys asking whose autographs are on baseballs. who cares the autographs look like s***. you can't read them. Why collect them.

Didnt mean to upset anyone. The reason i ask is because my father passed away leaving several hundred autographed items from his collection. Most of them had papers, and most we were able to identify. However, there are a few we just have no idea who they are

packs
09-05-2014, 10:56 AM
I think it's a combination of signing much more material than any of the older players did and not hand writing all that much during your daily life.

earlywynnfan
09-05-2014, 07:29 PM

Why do you read these threads, then?

Who are you to look down on what others collect??

Ken