PDA

View Full Version : SACO- 9/3 Live Auction 5pm

pawpawdiv9
09-03-2014, 04:47 PM
I was fortunate to put in some pre-bids, not sure if i made the 5pm start.
Well, i made it and some items went well.
There was pre-war and post war and a 75 set NM. Also some 53's and other cards, some prewar
A 1909 T206 TyCobb bat off, sold more than i thought, it had paper loss on the front SGC10, still sold for 375+BP
I bidded at Lot 47A- the Mays/Drysdale exhibits?? and both signed, but went for 100+BP
Then Lot40A was a 64 Lemente PSA4 that also went for 100. I did place bids on lot 50A- the Aaron All-star PSA7....i thought i won it at 90, but i guess it has a reserve, as its not in my cart.
BUT---i did win a BEAUTIFUL 54 Ted Williams PSA4, of course they only have front scans, but will have pics when in hand.

pawpawdiv9
09-04-2014, 02:52 PM
I received the invoice, for the Ted Williams card, during the auction.

Dear Chris,
Congratulations! You won 1954 Topps Ted Williams Psa 4 sold by Saco River Auction in the auction Fine Antiques And Collectibles.

Clearly thinking, i just wait tommorrow to pay, right???
I come home, and read this email????
confused as to what happened???thought??? I had placed a pre-bid and it held up, while i watched it live.....but i get this email:

It was discovered during the auction that lot 33A: 1954 Topps Ted Williams PSA 4 was misclerked to you. The clerk from Live Auctioneers thought he had the bid when in fact a live bidder had the winning bid.

Please accept my apologies for the unfortunate mix up.

Thanks,

RaeLyn

JoeDfan
09-04-2014, 04:40 PM
Oh man, that just sucks.

pawpawdiv9
09-05-2014, 07:18 AM
Here is Saco's reply to what happened:

Unfortunately your pre-bid was executed as normal, however an Auction Zip customer entered $150 for their total bid. The clerking screen locked up and sold the card to you, however the other internet bid on auction zip was the rightful winner of the card. It doesn't happen very often and I am sorry it happened to you, however technology is not perfect and it sometimes is far less than perfect. As an auction hall we have to sell to the highest bidder, which in this case was the auction zip bidder. In the future if there is something you really want, don't leave it up to technology. Call us and we will allow you to be a phone bidder. You can be live on the phone and hear everything including the auctioneer.

Thank You and sorry for this issue

Troy Thibodeau/Manager

CW
09-05-2014, 09:06 AM
In the future if there is something you really want, don't leave it up to technology.

LOL! Wow...

That sucks, Chris.

Paul S
09-07-2014, 10:42 PM
...don't leave it up to technology. Call us and we will allow you to be a phone bidder.

Hey, isn't a telephone also a piece of technology?:confused: