PDA

View Full Version : O/T: 1864 Vintage Baseball Festival in Philadelphia this weekend, September 6th & 7th

robw
09-03-2014, 06:33 AM
If this post should be placed elsewhere, my apologies-I have seen this topic in this section previously.

My vintage baseball team, The Athletic Base Ball Club of Philadelphia, is hosting an 11 team festival with teams from the Mid-Atlantic region this weekend at The Navy Yard-4747 S. Broad Street, Philadelphia, PA 19112 (across from the stadiums) .Games will be played between 10am-4pm both Saturday and Sunday. The event will be held rain or shine. We have a few bat manufacturers, a vintage hat maker, BBQ food truck, and several other vendors that will be in attendance. It is always a great event, and I think members of this board will really enjoy. Plus, it's Free Admission!

Hope to see some Net54 Members out there! Let me know if you need more information.

Rob

Leon
09-03-2014, 06:56 AM
This is the correct section, Rob. I wish I was in the area it sounds like a lot of fun. Good luck!!

Chris D.
09-04-2014, 06:57 AM
Wish I could make it! I have always wanted to see one of these games. I play in a 35+ wood bat league that uses modern rules.

GehrigFan
09-04-2014, 07:55 AM
Is there a website somewhere that lists other areas that have these leagues/deomonstrations? I would love to go to one if the Dallas-Ft. Worth area ever has them?

robw
09-04-2014, 08:03 AM
Is there a website somewhere that lists other areas that have these leagues/deomonstrations? I would love to go to one if the Dallas-Ft. Worth area ever has them?

The association we all fall under is The Vintage Base Ball Association: vbba.org
The following link goes to Texas teams: http://vbba.org/states/tx.htm

Definitely worth checking out...