PDA

View Full Version : Legendary

Teamgluck
09-01-2014, 09:48 AM
Legendary is one of my favorite Auction Houses. Yet i don't see a authenticity source for this Lou Gehrig signed piece. http://www.legendaryauctions.com/LotDetail.aspx?inventoryid=166743

jcmtiger
09-01-2014, 10:44 AM
Just call Legendary and ask the question.

Joe

gnaz01
09-01-2014, 02:00 PM
Legendary is one of my favorite Auction Houses. Yet i don't see a authenticity source for this Lou Gehrig signed piece. http://www.legendaryauctions.com/LotDetail.aspx?inventoryid=166743

From Legendary's website:

Our policy with respect to authentication of signed material and Letters of Authenticity:

James Spence Authentication and James Spence III, who is recognized worldwide as one of the industry’s top sports autograph authenticators, provides all of our authentication services for signed material.

Legendary Auctions furnishes full LOAs, COAs or Auction LOAs from James Spence Authentication with all offerings with signed items.
As our customers are aware, Legendary Auctions has always been committed, with respect to signed material, to providing substantive LOA documentation with each item sold. All autographs consigned to our company will undergo a thorough authentication process that will be, with few exceptions, conducted under the auspices of James Spence Authentication. The exceptions include items already accompanied by documentation from PSA/DNA or Upper Deck Authenticated (UDA). Please note that it is always the responsibility of the bidder to review the information provided for each lot in order to determine what form of authentication will accompany an item.

Each lot will be accompanied by one of the following forms of authentication documentation from James Spence Authentication:
• Full Letter of Authenticity
• Certificate of Authenticity
• Auction LOA—An Auction LOA will accompany lots with multiple items. These items are still scrutinized for authenticity of the signatures, but the individual items do not receive individual LOAs or COAs. The Auction LOA will state that all the material in the lot has been reviewed and is authentic in the opinion of James Spence Authentication.

earlywynnfan
09-01-2014, 06:54 PM
I'd be very curious to hear why they wouldn't have a JSA letter with this one!

Teamgluck
09-01-2014, 08:01 PM
They should especially with a signature that early

gnaz01
09-01-2014, 08:06 PM
They should especially with a signature that early

I'm willing to think they accidentally omitted it

earlywynnfan
09-02-2014, 05:14 AM
I'm willing to think they accidentally omitted it

Very well could be, but would you trust this AH right now??

Runscott
09-02-2014, 10:20 AM

Has there been any statement by Legendary as to their future? I would think it would be imperative if they want to continue with their current customers.

If someone has a link to such a statement, I would love to see it. "Trust me" isn't good enough at this point.

Exhibitman
09-02-2014, 01:07 PM

Just because their President/CEO and VP/COO are have pleaded guilty and are going to prison for running a crooked auction doesn't mean, er, nevermind...

Jaybird
09-02-2014, 01:54 PM
my favorite auction house as well.

signed,

glutton for punishment

Runscott
09-02-2014, 02:12 PM
My concern at this point is whether or not the stuff I win will arrive.

On another note, if more of you start consigning the better items (not just T206 commons) to the honest auction houses, we'll get where we need to be. If not, you'll just have to keep enjoying those blissful moments of piling on when another one gets caught.

Jaybird
09-02-2014, 03:56 PM
My concern at this point is whether or not the stuff I win will arrive.

On another note, if more of you start consigning the better items (not just T206 commons) to the honest auction houses, we'll get where we need to be. If not, you'll just have to keep enjoying those blissful moments of piling on when another one gets caught.

But those cheaters get more money their items, Scott. ;-)

I agree. What you say is the only real solution. It will also help the hobby once we level out and people realize what real selling prices are instead of these propped up figures.