PDA

View Full Version : paypal friend/family "no fee" now = 0.5% fee?

h2oya311
08-28-2014, 08:52 PM
I am trying to send a paypal friend/family (aka "no fee") to someone...looks like I'll be charged 0.5%, despite having enough paypal funds in my account. Did the rules recently change? Or is it because of the number of paypal friend/family transactions I've executed?

Anyone else experiencing this?

cardsfan73
08-28-2014, 09:01 PM
I just sent a payment via f/f earlier today and I had a 0 balance, I was not charged any fees.

The only way I am charged a fee for f/f is if I am using a debit/credit card. As long as the money comes from my paypal balance and/or bank account I have 0 fees.

edit to add that I only have sent maybe 5 f/f payments this month & probably average 3-5 a month. So maybe if you send a lot more than that they are hitting you with a fee?

Jacker_ Cracks
08-28-2014, 09:24 PM
No trouble here.

horzverti
08-28-2014, 09:33 PM
Not to get off topic, but Jacker Cracks is an awesome name.

Nope, I didn't see a fee either.

RGold
08-28-2014, 09:34 PM
I am trying to send a paypal friend/family (aka "no fee") to someone...looks like I'll be charged 0.5%, despite having enough paypal funds in my account. Did the rules recently change? Or is it because of the number of paypal friend/family transactions I've executed?

Anyone else experiencing this?

Did you send the funds outside the United States? :D:D:D

h2oya311
08-28-2014, 09:53 PM
Did you send the funds outside the United States? :D:D:D

Aha!! That's my problem! Thanks! I was worried I'd have to modify my activities drastically...narcotics (aka baseball cards) from Mexico apparently require some extra fees...I am okay with that. Thanks!

Question answered - crisis averted!