PDA

View Full Version : Excel Spreadsheets for Collection

ruth-gehrig
08-28-2014, 09:09 AM
Anyone use excel spreadsheets to keep track of collection such as purchase date, cost, manufactured year, etc, etc??

ZachS
08-28-2014, 08:08 PM
I only use them to track which cards I have from the set and condition. I wish I had done a column for purchase price and where I got the card when I first started.

beachhead2
08-28-2014, 09:17 PM
I've tracked all my purchases since I returned to the hobby as an adult (about five years ago). Initially, I did it only to keep track of my inventory so I didn't purchase anything twice. I also record the purchase price, and (if graded) the grade of the card. For cards that I don't have yet, I will watch ebay and record ebay sales results in my spreadsheet. That way I can get an idea of where the market is before I pull the trigger. It's also handy to print out before card shows.

EvilKing00
08-30-2014, 10:28 AM
Anyone use excel spreadsheets to keep track of collection such as purchase date, cost, manufactured year, etc, etc??

yea I do - not excel - but similar word doc that I made. very helpful in my T205 collection to keep track of what I have and what I paid as well as backs and condition etc.

gregr2
08-30-2014, 11:30 AM
I use an excel spreadsheet for my collection. It has tabs for different interests, for example a tab for autographs, T206, Bowman, etc, I usually have a column for the card type, Name, price paid , etc. I also had a "Comment" and in the comment is a scan of the card. This way you can hover over it and you can see the card or picture.

Footballdude
09-02-2014, 11:25 AM
I too use Excel but they are just simple numerical checklists. Once I acquire a card, I simply delete that number from the list. Each tab is a separate year and i print them out so that fit on a half sheet of paper and I can put them in a small 3-ring binder for shows and such.

I would really like to find a GOOD spreadsheet app for my S4 and have it all on my phone. Would be so much easier.

bn2cardz
09-02-2014, 02:02 PM
I did use excel, but no I use Google Docs Spreadsheet so that it is on whatever machine I am on without having to save it to a device and have microsoft installed on every machine.