PDA

View Full Version : OT: New way to bribe my 4th. graders

rdwyer
08-27-2014, 07:37 PM
Still working on it. But when done, I'll be doing 3D Baseball Cards of my 4th. graders this year. :)

What you see is the printout minus the lenticular lens that makes it 3D.

Brian Van Horn
08-27-2014, 07:45 PM
Nice idea, but what was your former method of bribery?

rdwyer
08-27-2014, 07:49 PM
Regular baseball cards :)

TimCarrollArt
08-28-2014, 05:45 AM
Very nice! I also teach - and cards are a staple in my classes (I teach 2nd-5th grade math). If you use the cards in your lessons (in addition to your motivational purposes), do you have any lesson plans written up for them? I worked with Upper Deck over the past 6-9 months to help develop "Upper Deck Educates." They have created a small box set that includes lessons, cards specific for the lessons, and behavior management plans. These ideas were submitted by teachers from across the country. The kits were launched at the National, and all one needs to do is present a teacher ID to UD and the kit is FREE. If you have any of those lessons typed up and would like to share them with other educators - send them to chris_carlin@upperdeck.com.

Tim

rdwyer
08-28-2014, 09:55 AM
I would like more info on UD. Our cards are now called Scholar cards. They use to write 50 words or less their favorite things in life, but now have to write why they're scholars. Have to follow curriculum now. They're graded on what they write as a writing assignment.

TimCarrollArt
08-28-2014, 09:58 AM
Here is the blog that UD wrote back in October. I sent Chris a message earlier today asking for specifics about educators requesting the kits. I will post it here as soon as he responds.

http://upperdeckblog.com/2013/10/teachers-share-lesson-plans-on-how-to-use-upper-deck-cards-in-the-classroom-for-education-purposes/

Tim

camlov2
08-28-2014, 10:21 AM
For anyone who teaches history I would suggest trying to find some of Upper Deck's History of the United States cards (2004).

http://sports.upperdeck.com/news/article.aspx?aid=213

My local shop has the boxes for sale and even gives a discount to teachers.