David Atkatz
08-26-2014, 07:11 PM
Not a chance.

gnaz01
08-26-2014, 07:16 PM
Horrible :(

thetruthisoutthere
08-26-2014, 07:47 PM
It's the same style forgery Coach's Corner (Lee Trythall & Scott Malack) has been listing and selling for years.

tazdmb
08-26-2014, 07:48 PM
This is the second Wayne Stivers item I have seen recently that was bad. Wayne is top notch and it seems since his COA is not attached to signature, someone previously bought good items and swapped out the signature with a bad one and tried to resell.

GrayGhost
08-26-2014, 08:26 PM
Garbage

Runscott
08-26-2014, 09:15 PM
This is the second Wayne Stivers item I have seen recently that was bad. Wayne is top notch and it seems since his COA is not attached to signature, someone previously bought good items and swapped out the signature with a bad one and tried to resell.

Wayne is a friend and his focus is on baseball history, certainly not on scamming anyone. If everyone in the autograph hobby was like Wayne, we'd have no problems.

khw
08-27-2014, 10:51 AM
I REMember back in the day he would be on the show circuit mainly all the tri star shows nice guy and i would doubt he would knowingly scam anybody , but his knowledge of baseball autographs wasnt much and he would have the impossible guys mathewson etc and be selling them , they were all bad and the word around they were bad , so being a good guy aside if anything came with his cert it is no more legit than a coaches corner cert , he would buy these at shows from guys like the bus driver from los angeles ron or whatever his name was or i think the guys name was lowell katz? always had fresh supply of stuff every show. so bottom line the stuff was junk and in the 90`s was accused often of selling bad stuff

RichardSimon
08-27-2014, 12:54 PM
I REMember back in the day he would be on the show circuit mainly all the tri star shows nice guy and i would doubt he would knowingly scam anybody , but his knowledge of baseball autographs wasnt much and he would have the impossible guys mathewson etc and be selling them , they were all bad and the word around they were bad , so being a good guy aside if anything came with his cert it is no more legit than a coaches corner cert , he would buy these at shows from guys like the bus driver from los angeles ron or whatever his name was or i think the guys name was lowell katz? always had fresh supply of stuff every show. so bottom line the stuff was junk and in the 90`s was accused often of selling bad stuff

+1 as far as seeing him at shows, in the 90's, and seeing his table with bad stuff.

1880nonsports
08-27-2014, 07:10 PM
wasn't he arrested at a national - drunk and with two hookers? Maybe that was me..............

gnaz01
08-27-2014, 07:29 PM
wasn't he arrested at a national - drunk and with two hookers? Maybe that was me..............

Yes, that was Lowell, Henry, not you :p

Runscott
08-27-2014, 08:14 PM
+1 as far as seeing him at shows, in the 90's, and seeing his table with bad stuff.

Sorry to hear this. Most of my interaction with Wayne was trading 1910's box scores of games involving black teams - he helped me out immensely, and I like to think I helped him out a little as well. His focus was always history, as was mine, so we got along perfectly. I have bought an autograph from him - just one - but it was indisputably real...and unique :)

Wayne, if you are out there lurking, I hope you are doing well!

theshleps
08-27-2014, 10:21 PM
As originally stated I did not buy it from Wayne but from someone who claims they did so do not know for sure. He is very knowledgable on Negro league stuff for sure and I trust his opinion on those items