PDA

View Full Version : OT: Buying and Selling on the board

daves_resale_shop
08-25-2014, 01:56 PM
Hope everyone is having a great day!

I must say that looking back, the only online transactions for sports memorabilia have been conducted here and ebay... I find myself constantly buying from the same great sellers (You know who you are-Thanks guys!)

I will say that I don't feel comfortable purchasing an item unless I have the ability to pay for it the very same day. Occasionally there may be a situation where I am waiting for money to come in and I can't pay right away, but I always tell the seller when they can expect to see payment (usually within 48 hours)...

My question is this; what is the proper payment etiquette when purchasing an item on net 54? once a buyer agrees to purchase an item & payment information is sent over, how long should the seller wait to hear back (or ultimately receive payment from the buyer)?

Had a couple of instances in the last few months where seller have agreed to buy items (not big money)... but in once case the individual simply did not pay and ignored pm's despite board activity...

So what do you guys think is an acceptable time frame before relisting the item?

Many thanks!
Dave

gregr2
08-25-2014, 02:06 PM
Interesting topic. I have not sold anything on here but I've bought a bunch over the last 6 months. Personally, I like to get payment to the seller as soon as possible. Once I commit to an item, I send the seller a PM and as soon as he responds back (as long as I'm not sleeping), I send payment. My thoughts are that unless special arrangements are made, sellers should pay in 24 hours.

vintagetoppsguy
08-25-2014, 02:11 PM
Had a couple of instances in the last few months where seller have agreed to buy items (not big money)... but in once case the individual simply did not pay and ignored pm's despite board activity...

If someone agrees to purchase an item from you and then doesn't pay and ignores PMs, I think Leon needs to be made aware. He can choose how he wants to handle it but, in my own opinion, they should be banned from the B/S/T. I can understand forgetting to pay for an item, but not ignoring PMs about the item.

As far as you question goes, I think 24 hours is sufficient unless they let you know otherwise before the deal is finalized.

Republicaninmass
08-25-2014, 02:21 PM
Payment should be immediate. If you can't pay right away, ask the seller before you say "I'll take it"

daves_resale_shop
08-25-2014, 02:39 PM
I appreciate the input.. .

EvilKing00
08-30-2014, 10:33 AM
payment should be made hat day IMO I could see even 2 -3 days IF the seller agrees to that.

As far as your buyer not paying or responding - id tell leon and relist the item. I think 3 PM's to the buyer / 7 days with no response at most and id relist the items.

Lgarza99
08-31-2014, 04:04 PM
I pay ASAP or as soon as I get to a computer if the seller has not responded right away. I would like to be paid within the same day as well.

As far as not responding, I know we all get busy so I don't mind sending one reminder and then waiting a day, but if no reply and I gotta send another reminder, as part of that reminder I would communicate that Leon is going to be informed of the lack of response and courtesy.

brewing
08-31-2014, 05:09 PM
I've made over 30 transactions here. 100% satisfaction rate.
Sometimes I agree to buy something with my better half around. I like to do my PayPal business at work. So it's within 24 hours. Personally, I'd become hesitant if a seller pushed for immediate payment (has never happened to me here).
Is this a problem?

7nohitter
09-01-2014, 11:07 AM
I have had some great transactions with people on this board...in two instances sellers shipping things to me before I even paid them! One was a Mantle autographed ball!

There have been a couple of things I've seen and asked the seller if I could pay them in a week or so...each one has said yes and has been incredible.

Andrew

yankeeno7
09-01-2014, 11:56 PM
I see this thread and would like to make a public apology to Rmann444 regarding the 1961 Topps Mantle I sold.

He said he would take it pending that the thumbnail mark was not across the face. 20 minutes later I responded back saying even using my loupe I could not find the mark on the card being in the case so I do not know where it is.

An hour goes by and I did not hear from him so I thought he gave up on it. With multiple PMs from others, in my haste I sold the card to another board member.

Im thinking I screwed up and I feel bad about it. For that I would like to apologize to Richard. I have asked him for his address so I could send him something to help make up for my haste.

Barry

Leon
09-03-2014, 06:21 PM
If someone agrees to purchase an item from you and then doesn't pay and ignores PMs, I think Leon needs to be made aware. He can choose how he wants to handle it but, in my own opinion, they should be banned from the B/S/T. I can understand forgetting to pay for an item, but not ignoring PMs about the item.

As far as you question goes, I think 24 hours is sufficient unless they let you know otherwise before the deal is finalized.

+1 ....I would like to know about any issues on the BST. Of course my only recourse is permitting folks to be here or not but I do take these things seriously. Not responding to PM's concerning a deal, and not following through, would be grounds for potential suspension or banishment depending on the circumstances. I would say 24 hours is long enough to pay for an item unless arrangements to the contrary are made as part of the deal. I very rarely have to get involved but will when I need to...carry on..(and I am always only a PM away)