PDA

View Full Version : Shout Out To Graig Kreindler!

Robert_Lifson
08-25-2014, 08:58 AM
I just wanted to give public thanks to Graig Kreindler and share with the board the extremely generous –in fact, absolutely over-the-top - gift he sent to me. REA always tries to help people with their hobby-related projects in any way we can. Usually this takes the form of providing permission to use our copyrighted auction catalog images for publication, often requiring that we dig out and send high-res images from our past auctions photo library. We’ve supplied Graig with many high-res images over the years to help him with his paintings, to capture details that only high-res images can provide. It has always been our great pleasure to be of help.

Recently a package arrived to my attention from Graig. I had no idea what it could possibly be – I was not expecting anything and actually thought it must be a consignment of some kind that someone just happened to send to my attention. Anyway, I opened the package and inside was a beautiful original Graig Kreindler painting of Richie Allen. On the back was the title (“Dick Allen ‘69”) and a personal inscription from Graig thanking me for my assistance over the years and requesting me to please accept this painting as a token of his gratitude. To say I was surprised and overwhelmed by this extraordinary unexpected gift would be an understatement! This was totally unnecessary. But very much appreciated!

I should mention that Graig’s choice of Richie Allen as the subject was not random. Graig spoke to the guys at REA and learned that Richie Allen was my favorite player as a kid! To me, Richie Allen was always special and always a Hall of Famer! This painting truly captures the spirit of the Richie Allen I rooted for as a kid. It will always remain on display in REA’s offices, but I wanted to share the painting and its story with everyone on the board, and thank Graig for both his great talent (his paintings must be seen to be fully appreciated – they are gorgeous) and his great generosity. Thank you!

Sincerely,

Robert Lifson
Robert Edward Auctions LLC
www.RobertEdwardAuctions.com

http://i1368.photobucket.com/albums/ag168/reaauctions/allen_zps127d889c.jpg
http://i1368.photobucket.com/albums/ag168/reaauctions/allen2_zps8661d209.jpg

CW
08-25-2014, 09:24 AM
Looks great and what an amazing gesture by Graig!

Lordstan
08-25-2014, 09:39 AM
A very kind and generous gesture on Graig's part, but not really surprising. Graig is not only an incredible artist, but he is a great person as well.
Congrats Rob. I know you'll enjoy it for many years to come.

Best,
Mark

Leon
08-25-2014, 10:28 AM
I copied this from the memorabilia side to give a couple more accolades/eyes to Mr. Graig's generosity. What an incredible painting!!

milkit1
08-25-2014, 10:46 AM
Tell Graig Ill mow is lawn for a Hal Chase! :)

ethicsprof
08-25-2014, 11:15 AM
top shelf gift, giver, and recipient.
a wonderful image in itself.
all the best,
barry

whitehse
08-25-2014, 11:18 AM
I have met Graig in person once and have traded numerous post comments and Facebook messages and this act of kindness does not surprise me. He is a good man and very well grounded.

Congrats Rob on an incredible gift and my hat is off to Graig for recognizing someone who has gone above and beyond in helping him.

uniship
08-25-2014, 11:58 AM
outstanding penmanship as well.

slidekellyslide
08-25-2014, 12:00 PM
Very nice!

dstudeba
08-25-2014, 12:34 PM
Beautiful piece!

ksabet
08-25-2014, 12:43 PM
Amazing work, would love to own one one day.

Jantz
08-25-2014, 12:48 PM
Nice gesture Graig.

Beautifully painting as always!

I can see why you're happy with the painting Rob.

Jantz

08-25-2014, 12:49 PM
Amazing work, would love to own one one day.

+1

Gradedcardman
08-25-2014, 12:54 PM
He does great stuff !!

drcy
08-25-2014, 01:06 PM
At the National Graig said he was going to give me what I deserved, so I ran before he could cut me.

No, Graig's a good, humble guy. Just one of the guys, no airs about him-- though with a hidden burning artistic fire that dwarfs the rest of our piddling cardboard collecting aspirations.

Jay Wolt
08-25-2014, 01:12 PM
Nice gesture, Graig is alright in my book.
W/ that said, I'll be looking forward to receiving an Eddie Plank painting any day now :D

LEHR
08-25-2014, 01:42 PM
Well done, Graig! Amazing painting and very generous gift!

Rickyy
08-25-2014, 02:49 PM
Graig's work is just incredible... what a talented artist!

Ricky Y

vthobby
08-25-2014, 06:23 PM
I first saw his art about 2 years ago and was in awe. His works appear as actual photos in a lot of instances. His style and flair is unique and his works should be treasured. I have been thinking of a commission and will pull the proverbial trigger someday but I quite frankly have too many cool ideas and not enough coin!:confused:

Incredible artist.

Peace, Mik:)

sox1903wschamp
08-25-2014, 07:14 PM
Outstanding gesture!

D.P.Johnson
08-25-2014, 07:37 PM
Nice! Great job Graig!

ZenPop
08-26-2014, 11:38 AM
Beautiful gesture from an amazing artist!

Way to go, Graig!!

GKreindler
08-26-2014, 03:13 PM
Holy balls. This thread is bonkers.

Thank you so much for all of your kind words, everybody. Rob and REA really have been a wonderful help to me over the years, especially since the items they offer are always so wonderful and unique. So really, I just wanted to try and match that kindness back in some way - it was really the least I could do, considering how much they've augmented some of the paintings I've done (whether they know it or not).

I'm incredibly happy that he likes the painting as much as he does, and I won't lie, I was more than thrilled when Tom (at REA) had told me that his favorite player was Dick Allen. :)

But yeah, it was super nice of him to even start this thread (and incredibly nice for you to move it, Leon). I feel really weird and blushy even commenting on it. I'm just beyond words.

Thank you for letting me do something I love, everybody.

Graig

Kawika
08-26-2014, 11:44 PM
Hail the Mighty Kreindler !!

http://photos.imageevent.com/kawika_o_ka_pakipika/sportscardsetc/mischidden/miscellany2/Hail%20the%20Mighty%20Kreindler_1.jpg

drcy
08-27-2014, 12:02 AM
The only one who should be blushing is the rube who's favorite player is Rich Allen.

drcy
08-27-2014, 12:04 AM
Hey, I think my posts are funny. By my definition of joke, one's enough. I've never been too keen on that democracy concept.

drcy
08-27-2014, 02:10 AM
In the lonely still of night I'm comforted by the knowledge that true geniuses are never understood by the local riff raff.

ramram
08-27-2014, 07:31 AM
In the lonely still of night I'm comforted by the knowledge that true geniuses are never understood by the local riff raff.

I know where you're coming from. lol

Rob M.