PDA

View Full Version : "What's your monster number" Numbers?

ksabet
08-24-2014, 08:17 PM
Just curious is this the most Replies (1,100+) and views (93,000+) ever for a single thread?

I don't think it's a thread it should have it's own website.

frankbmd
08-25-2014, 08:00 AM
Just curious is this the most Replies (1,100+) and views (93,000+) ever for a single thread?

I don't think it's a thread it should have it's own website.

K!ya,

I must say when I saw your thread, the first thing I thought of was another copy cat thread.:(

To answer your question Graig's "On The Easel" thread has over 105,000 views on the memorabilia side, but only 947 replies.:p

In third place on the reply list is the "Open Letter to Morales" thread at 900. Third place on the view side isn't even close.

I started the thread after being here for four weeks with not even a thought of it becoming a fixture on the Forum. With my card valuations, I was covertly trying to determine who on the forum might in fact own a Wagner as well as the other Big 4 cards, realizing that owners might not want to release that information on a public forum.

The longevity of the thread is the result of guys just wanting to see their names in lights on the list. Whether or not it is a motivational factor for some is questionable, but I think that is likely, so I keep it going.:confused:

Personally I was dead in the water at 490 when I started the thread. A board member reached out to me and we completed a trade for ten HOF beaters that brought me to 500.:)

I guess my willingness to continue with the timely updating of the list is another major factor contributing to its longevity. For a while it just seemed like a pain in the neck, but now it is just part of my "job" here. It doesn't take that long if I do it regularly.:cool:

Finally I expect. with continued interest of the newbies in posting their numbers, that the thread will surpass the "On The Easel" thread in viewers. We have been gaining on him, even though he may be more talented.:eek:

Sooner or later though Graig or I will die though as will our threads. Unfortunately he is quite a bit younger than I, so I wouldn't bet against him.;)

But having the epithet --- "The Monster Number Guy" ---- isn't all that bad.:D

ullmandds
08-25-2014, 08:18 AM
frank: "and I'd like to thank my mom...and dad...for creating the genius that came up with this brilliant idea for quite possibly the most successful thread/concept in net54 vintage bb card history...this thread has defined me...and has made my life complete"!

Congrats Frank...you know I love ya!!!!