PDA

View Full Version : JFK Auto Help... Please?

daves_resale_shop
08-21-2014, 05:24 PM
So a few weeks back my neighbor brought a friend over (turns out he lives a block away!) to show me this piece...
I've owned one kennedy and it was more compact shorter & pretty much just a scribble...

Any ideas as to whether or not this one was signed by jack? sure looks similar to the secretarials shown in photo 2&3 but what do I know???

any help would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks!
Dave

mighty bombjack
08-21-2014, 06:53 PM
I am no expert, but I have considered a few books signed by Kennedy and my first thought was that this doesn't look like the ones I've viewed.

I then saw your secretarial examples and the auto you show matches them pretty exactly.

I'm sure a secretarial carries some value, but not near what the real deal would.

ATP
08-21-2014, 08:09 PM
What a small world. I looked at buying this piece a month or two ago but decided against it as I am almost positive it is secretarial.

gnaz01
08-22-2014, 03:40 AM
It is secretarial

daves_resale_shop
08-22-2014, 04:28 AM
Thanks for the help guys...

Jeff, Ironic that you are hunting down autographs in little West Haven!

ATP
08-22-2014, 08:58 AM
I didn't even realize it was West Haven, I thought he was in upstate New York for some reason. I didn't see it in person, just talked on the phone and shared photos. The story he had regarding how his father received it was very believable, and honestly I am not sure he really agreed that it was secretarial. I actually checked in with him the other day just out of curiosity to see if he ever got another opinion on it, he said he sold it to someone local so you may see it pop up again in your area.

daves_resale_shop
08-22-2014, 09:25 AM
That would explain why he didn't reply to my recent email stating that my guy said secreterial...

It will likely show up at a local auction in the very near future..