PDA

View Full Version : Babe Ruth Pro Bat - eBay

ruth-gehrig
08-19-2014, 05:58 PM
Any opinions on the Babe Ruth pro model bat on ebay that just ended for about $36,000?

MGHPro
08-19-2014, 08:06 PM
Looks refinished to me .
Matt

Enfuego
08-19-2014, 08:09 PM
Definitely looks refurnished.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UnVme7
08-19-2014, 08:19 PM
I was told that everyone should stay away from this one....

khkco4bls
08-20-2014, 07:20 AM
Whats the problem with it?

Augy44
08-20-2014, 11:34 AM
Why were you told that everyone should stay away from it? At least 4 people didn't get that message with bids of approximately $26,000, $30,000, $35,000 & $36,000...

perezfan
08-20-2014, 02:15 PM
Told by whom? Very cryptic post... Let's hear the issues!

sicollector1954
08-26-2014, 08:22 PM
One I believe being Dave Bushing....who bid!

yanks12025
08-27-2014, 07:31 AM
I was told that everyone should stay away from this one....

Can you explain why? I always find it funny, someone will ask you a question. Yet you always pass over it and never answer it!

UnVme7
08-27-2014, 07:47 AM
Can you explain why? I always find it funny, someone will ask you a question. Yet you always pass over it and never answer it!

Because someone asked JT about the bat and he said that the bat looked off, as in the wood grain looked wrong. Grain ending on barrel end was off. No player characteristics but a bunch of little dark ding marks all over the bat top to bottom which was a red flag.

Anything else you need, Brock? You know what I think is funny? Is that if you want to know something or have a question that you would like to ask, there's a little link on my username that allows you to pm me, or you can email me directly. Or you can research items on your own perhaps?

What questions have I passed up and never answered? Send me some links.

yanks12025
08-27-2014, 09:08 AM
Because someone asked JT about the bat and he said that the bat looked off, as in the wood grain looked wrong. Grain ending on barrel end was off. No player characteristics but a bunch of little dark ding marks all over the bat top to bottom which was a red flag.

Anything else you need, Brock? You know what I think is funny? Is that if you want to know something or have a question that you would like to ask, there's a little link on my username that allows you to pm me, or you can email me directly. Or you can research items on your own perhaps?

What questions have I passed up and never answered? Send me some links.

Let's see. Several people in this thread asked you about what was wrong with it after you posted" you were told to stay away". Yet you never replied back with why and it's been a week!

Also I did do my research on it before the auction ended. And I felt it wasn't right. But maybe other members who don't collect bats would like to know what's wrong with it.

MVSNYC
08-27-2014, 09:13 AM
"Also I did do my research on it before the auction ended. And I felt it wasn't right. But maybe other members who don't collect bats would like to know what's wrong with it."

+1

Do you mind explaining in detail what you felt wasn't right about the bat to help educate those of us who might not have known?

Thanks,
Michael

UnVme7
08-27-2014, 09:16 AM
Let's see. Several people in this thread asked you about what was wrong with it after you posted" you were told to stay away". Yet you never replied back with why and it's been a week!

Also I did do my research on it before the auction ended. And I felt it wasn't right. But maybe other members who don't collect bats would like to know what's wrong with it.

Im all over this site and dont read every single post. If you want to get a hold of me, you know how to do that. And if you had issues with the bat, why didn't you chime in with your opinion on it a week ago when people were asking about it instead of waiting for my response? Let's hear it, what's your issues with this bat that you've been holding onto this whole time?

Feel free to send me links to posts I've never replied on as well.

yanks12025
08-27-2014, 09:19 AM
"Also I did do my research on it before the auction ended. And I felt it wasn't right. But maybe other members who don't collect bats would like to know what's wrong with it."

+1

Do you mind explaining in detail what you felt wasn't right about the bat to help educate those of us who might not have known?

Thanks,
Michael

Let's see. First off if you know you have a game used Babe Ruth bat, you will not be selling it on eBay.

Second, the center brand looks to date 1923-25 based on Maltas book(even though mears will just call it a 1920s). And according to Maltas book, it doesn't show Ruth ordering 35 inches during those years.

yanks12025
08-27-2014, 09:23 AM
Im all over this site and dont read every single post. If you want to get a hold of me, you know how to do that. And if you had issues with the bat, why didn't you chime in with your opinion on it a week ago when people were asking about it instead of waiting for my response? Let's hear it, what's your issues with this bat that you've been holding onto this whole time?

Feel free to send me links to posts I've never replied on as well.

Because other people have listed reasons why they feel it's not good. I didn't go posting something saying someone told me to stay away but not give any details.

I don't have links. But we've PM'd before where you asked me a question and I gave a answer yet when I asked the same question you ignored it.

UnVme7
08-27-2014, 09:39 AM
Because other people have listed reasons why they feel it's not good. I didn't go posting something saying someone told me to stay away but not give any details.

I don't have links. But we've PM'd before where you asked me a question and I gave a answer yet when I asked the same question you ignored it.

I'm not following. I just checked and your last pm to me was asking if I wanted to buy a jersey from you, which I replied. Then your pm before that was answered as well. Only time I don't answer is if it's not needed. As in, your statement doesn't need a response, it's just a statement. That goes for anyone. No need to respond back with a "Yep", or "I hear ya". I appreciate you answering my questions, whichever those may have been.

Regardless, this isn't really the thread to talk about this, but I don't like being called out either. You have a problem or question regarding my responding skills, pm me.

MVSNYC
08-27-2014, 09:49 AM
Thanks Brock. I believe I have that book somewhere; I'll need to dig it up and start referencing it more often.

Best-
M

sicollector1954
08-27-2014, 02:48 PM
Don't think there is anything wrong with this one. Legendary Auctions #218 8/29/12.