PDA

View Full Version : Mike Donlin t207

daves_resale_shop
08-18-2014, 10:07 PM
Why is this card priced so extraordinarily high?

daves_resale_shop
08-19-2014, 04:21 AM
So this card came in a lot of t207's and t205's that I purchased last night... I was primarily after the t205's but got interested in the t207's after I googled a few prices on my iphone....

I saw a few auction results on the Donlin, but not listed as one of the famed shortprints...

Card looks to have been trimmed, but measures 2 & 5/8 from corner to corner with a little excess in the bottom middle about 1/16th...

Love to hear the story as to why this one has high demand if anyone is willing to offer...

Best Regards,
David

barrysloate
08-19-2014, 04:25 AM
It's one of the toughest cards in the set, great find.

And why don't you post this in the card section instead of the memorabilia one- you'll get more responses over there.

daves_resale_shop
08-19-2014, 04:31 AM
I am not sure how to do that, so I apologize in advance for duplicate post...

GrayGhost
08-19-2014, 05:02 AM
I tell ya those auctions and the chance to buy, you are killing em. ;GREAT: find, even if it is trimmed, plus all the others.

daves_resale_shop
08-19-2014, 05:11 AM
At first,

I thought it was trimmed, but it measures right from top to bottom on both the left and right but about 1/16th large in the middle...

I didn't get this one in a local auction, but took a leap of faith with my purchase & it looks like it paid off...

caramelcard
08-19-2014, 09:09 AM
It's trimmed on the bottom border.

Still a tough card.

Rob

timn1
08-19-2014, 11:31 AM
which I did almost 10 years ago, showed that Donlin was at least as tough as Lowdermilk and Ward Miller, and maybe on a par with Irv Lewis. The old-timers who established those three as rarities missed Donlin for some reason. The puzzling thing is that those other three were nobodies and it's not surprising few collectors kept their cards, but Donlin was a big star... who knows exactly why these things happen.

Great card- it does look trimmed on the bottom but you will do well with it.

Tim