PDA

View Full Version : Just got huge POP news on my Butterfinger Gehrig

darkhorse9
08-18-2014, 01:49 PM
I've posted before that I got my hands on a bunch of Butterfinger R310's, some of which I've been able to work deals on with other board members.

Included in my group was a real nice Lou Gehrig. Just for grins and giggles I sent it off to BGS to see what it might get. I expected a 3 or something close.

Got news today that it's been graded a 5.5. Not only is that higher than I expected...it's the highest ever graded by Beckett.

I've certainly never had that happen to me before. I'll post the pic when the mail arrives.

ullmandds
08-18-2014, 02:22 PM
I've posted before that I got my hands on a bunch of Butterfinger R310's, some of which I've been able to work deals on with other board members.

Included in my group was a real nice Lou Gehrig. Just for grins and giggles I sent it off to BGS to see what it might get. I expected a 3 or something close.

Got news today that it's been graded a 5.5. Not only is that higher than I expected...it's the highest ever graded by Beckett.

I've certainly never had that happen to me before. I'll post the pic when the mail arrives.

Congrats...that's cool...BUT...I'd guess BCG has not graded too many of this issue...as they don't grade a ton of vintage?

darkhorse9
08-18-2014, 02:33 PM
Beckett is the only one who grades these due to their size. True, there have only been a couple dozen graded, but I've got that going for me....which is good.

ullmandds
08-18-2014, 02:34 PM
Awesome! I did not know that they were the only ones who grade Butterfingers!