PDA

View Full Version : How Did So Many Miss An 8K Messier Jersey?

HolyGrail
08-18-2014, 12:08 PM
My latest post is about a lucky collector/dealer who paid $300 for a game-used Mark Messier jersey that Heritage later sold for $8000.

http://onforb.es/1sPGOW5

ibuysportsephemera
08-18-2014, 12:13 PM
Cool story...I was looking through that very rack on Friday.

Jeff

Duluth Eskimo
08-18-2014, 03:40 PM
So many people missed this jersey because they only see what is put right in front of their face or that which they read from a LOA. Way too many people are too lazy to have any basic knowledge to go with and even if they had it wouldn't have the guts to trust their own beliefs. Isn't that what collecting is all about? If it weren't for the great finds, this hobby would be much less appealing to me. Just my two cents. Jason

baseball tourist
08-18-2014, 06:05 PM
So many people missed this jersey because they only see what is put right in front of their face or that which they read from a LOA. Way too many people are too lazy to have any basic knowledge to go with and even if they had it wouldn't have the guts to trust their own beliefs. Isn't that what collecting is all about? If it weren't for the great finds, this hobby would be much less appealing to me. Just my two cents. Jason

The "dealer" that had it for so long and thought that it was a signed replica should count his lucky stars that he wasn't the only one without knowledge about this. I have found numerous gamers in thrift stores etc. these shop owners can't know everything as they don't specialize in one genre of clothing..But a sport dealer should have a clue what he has.