PDA

View Full Version : Aution House Rules

roce4e52
08-16-2014, 09:40 PM
Getting old now and have been thinking about sending some of my sets to an auction house. After reading some posts here and on the PSA forum I have a couple of questions for the members.
When you send items to an AH do they not give you some sort of itemized receipt saying they received what you sent?
Are the items insured by the AH while in their possession, or do I need to purchase some sort of coverage myself?
When problems occur does it turn into a he/she said v he/she said, or is there some sort of system to insure AH accountability?
Thanks!
B1ll D0nalds0n

Theo_450
08-17-2014, 08:45 AM
Getting old now and have been thinking about sending some of my sets to an auction house. After reading some posts here and on the PSA forum I have a couple of questions for the members.
When you send items to an AH do they not give you some sort of itemized receipt saying they received what you sent?
Are the items insured by the AH while in their possession, or do I need to purchase some sort of coverage myself?
When problems occur does it turn into a he/she said v he/she said, or is there some sort of system to insure AH accountability?
Thanks!
B1ll D0nalds0n

You should call and interview AHs. Ask them these specific questions to get THEIR specific answers. In my experience (with only one AH), I created an original list of items (lots of items), the AH insured the items as soon as I shipped them, I received an itemized receipt after the auction closed, and there were no problems. I made a few special requests that were honored without any hesitation. I interviewed 4 different AHs.

Love of the Game was the right choice for me!

GehrigFan
08-17-2014, 01:29 PM
Thanks!
B1ll D0nalds0n

Hi Bill, I am pretty new at Heritage, but I would be happy to get all these answers for you. Please send me an email to manderson@ha.com and I will double check everything and give you answers tomorrow.

Best,
Mark Anderson

roce4e52
08-17-2014, 05:19 PM
My thanks to all the members who responded in the thread and by pm. I think I am starting to understand that AH are not ruled the same as the Ebay consigners. To those that contacted me here and by pm I will be in touch with you soon. My reading comp skills are limited so it will be easier for me to speak with you by phone after reading your general information and terms and conditions.
And thanks to Leon for running a basically uncensored forum. I appreciate the opinions and information Net54 provides for shut-in collectors like me (and most days its just downright entertaining too!).
Bill D.