PDA

View Full Version : Long Island vintage card shops?

wazoo
08-14-2014, 10:58 AM
Hey all, how's it been? Kinda ironic that someone else is looking for estate sales on Long Island. Anyways, I'm going to be there next weekend and was wondering if there are any card shops, antique places, card shows etc? Please let me know. Thank you!

Looking as usual for t206s...

wazoo
08-14-2014, 12:45 PM
Anyone know about the Plainview show next Sunday? Thanks!

Nappy1525
08-14-2014, 01:31 PM
I do I have sold at 1 or 2 Long Island shows like that. Very very small and the oldest card I've seen is like 1956 but that was last year. Everyone is very nice so if you have time I would stop by but I can guarantee it will be the smallest show yiuve ever been to so keep your hopes very low and you will have a good time

wazoo
08-16-2014, 02:49 PM
Thanks,...

Anyone else?

JollyElm
08-16-2014, 04:29 PM
I'm not really sure if he has T206's, but Scott at Cardboard Memories (Jericho Tpke. in the Commack/Elwood area) is a ridiculously good seller. He was quite the guru with regard to the years I collect (50's and up) and he's an awesome guy who's also big in the autographs and memorabilia world. If you're nearby, definitely drop in and chat him up.

wazoo
08-16-2014, 04:40 PM
I'm not really sure if he has T206's, but Scott at Cardboard Memories (Jericho Tpke. in the Commack/Elwood area) is a ridiculously good seller. He was quite the guru on the years I collect (50's and up) and he's an awesome guy who's also big in the autographs and memorabilia world. If you're nearby, definitely drop in and chat him up.

I spoke to him on the phone yesterday. Sounds like it. I'm stopping by next Saturday. Thank you!

brookdodger55
08-16-2014, 08:58 PM
Anyone know about the Plainview show next Sunday? Thanks!

There are a few guys with prewar, pretty decent prices, same guys do all
Jp rock solid local shows on Long Island.

Mike

chris6net
08-17-2014, 12:36 AM
I still remember when I was in HS and Lew Lipset opened a store in the Centereach/Lake Grove area and I spent many afternoons there!
I am thinking maybe 1980
CN