PDA

View Full Version : Question about a placed order

Enfuego
08-14-2014, 08:04 AM
Good morning all,

I have a question that hopefully I can absorb as much 411 as possible. I placed an order a few days ago on a book titled "T206, the players and their stories collection". My question/s is does anyone have a copy of "said" book? What is the groups review of this book, I ordered from Amazon so I know alot of the reviews are mostly a gimmick to sell the product. Please let me know your honest opinions about this book, thanks in advanced.

sebie43
08-14-2014, 08:12 AM
As a frequent Amazon reviewer trust me its not a gimmick. If people dont like the product you will know.

That being said the book is very good, stats and a short bio on all the players it groups them by HOF, commons and such. It is a nice reference book that gives you a small window into their life, I would recommend it.

Bpm0014
08-14-2014, 08:22 AM
I guess I would reccommend it as well but I was a bit disappointed. The bios were all very short and kind of incomplete. Maybe I had higher hopes?? But nonetheless, not a bad book; just not what I expected.

the 'stache
08-14-2014, 08:38 AM
http://imageshack.com/a/img540/3941/LvYoDQ.jpg

Hi, Anthony. Not only do I have it, I was reading it a few minutes before discovering this thread.

I love it. The book is quite informative, and enjoyable to read. There are a lot of lesser known players in the set. I can only imagine the amount of research they did in preparation. I also like the way it's organized. I would have done one thing differently, however. I'd have used real T206 cards throughout the book instead of reprints. The last chapter, which is written by Joe Orlando, includes imagery of all real, PSA slabbed cards. If it meant the cards would have been of slightly lesser quality throughout, I'd have been fine with that. I don't think there's a shortage of collectors who would have happily donated scans of their cards to the cause.

I have their book on the Cracker Jack Players, too. Another enthusiastic recommendation. The players in that book are grouped by position, which I like even better.

The two books together look great on my coffee table. It's my not too subtle attempt to get friends and family members into the hobby.

rjackson44
08-14-2014, 08:40 AM
hi bill nice laptop and book always read your stuff best octavio

the 'stache
08-14-2014, 08:52 AM
hi bill nice laptop and book always read your stuff best octavio

Good morning, Octavio. Thank you :) I somehow managed to keep that response to under 3 pages. That's must be a first :p

Have a great weekend!

Bill

Enfuego
08-14-2014, 04:56 PM
I appreciate all the feedback guys, makes me look forward to getting my book more than ever now.

deucetwins
08-15-2014, 12:30 AM
A photo of the thread within the thread. Good work Bill. Has that ever been done before?