PDA

View Full Version : T3 - Turkey Red Cabinets

Roofman4
08-13-2014, 03:54 PM
Hello all! Looking for any info on T3 cabinets to distinguish authentic from reprints. Card stock thickness etc. Any info from someone who collects these, please chime in.

I do not collect these and know absolutely nothing about them other than the knowledge to recognize one when I see it.

I found two today in an antique shop. They were at the bottom of a box of really old framed pictures. They were trimmed to fit the frames and are in G/VG condition, if they're real. Will post pics/scans later for additional help/advice from Net54 members.

Thanks,
Scot M

T3s
08-13-2014, 04:03 PM
Hi Scot,

Size is always the most important place to begin when there is a question about T3s. Authentic T3s are large cards, measuring 5 3/4 x 8. There have been reprints made over the years but are "normal" card size.

If the cards are trimmed in any way, please don't pay too much for them.

Best,
Craig

Tabe
08-13-2014, 04:10 PM
Hi Scot,

Size is always the most important place to begin when there is a question about T3s. Authentic T3s are large cards, measuring 5 3/4 x 8. There have been reprints made over the years but are "normal" card size.
There are also full-size reprints.

Everything I've ever seen, however, is that reprints are clearly labeled (the full-size ones) or are the wrong size.

Having said all that, I can't ever remember seeing a fake T-3.

oaks1912
08-13-2014, 11:34 PM
Mike Wheat created some stunning, actual size, T-3 reprints. The easiest way to spot the difference is the paper stock. Mike used a late 20th / early 21st century stock which appears "spongy". Mike built in a few protectors, but never buy anything based on a scan, unless you know who you are dealing with. Would you buy frozen steaks from a guy in a '79 Toyota truck that just happened to be selling some to your neighbor Joe on the next block? :)

Jay Wolt
08-14-2014, 07:54 AM
Here's a scan of a Mike Wheat reprint on top of a authentic T3.
Mike's reprints are of high quality & as Mark states the paper thickness isn't quite right.
Plus a real T3 has an oil painting type finish to the stock.
Both of these above cannot be distinquinished via a scan.

The tell tale sign of a Mike Wheat reprint is the half moon symbols on the back towards the bottom.
Craig D. always has some legit ones for sale w/ fair pricing & no one knows more about T3's then Craig.

http://www.qualitycards.com/ebay/t3duo.jpg

ethicsprof
08-14-2014, 10:06 AM
I'm with Jay---Craig D. is the fellow to buy from.
Quite the expert, wonderful items, and a prince of a fellow.

all the best,
barry