PDA

View Full Version : OT Update on my daughter Mykal THANK YOU

JasonD08
08-13-2014, 08:20 AM
Just wanted to give an update on my daughter Mykal who suffered sudden cardiac arrest at Kaufmann Stadium last year. Thanks to a huge support with prayer from friends, family, strangers etc. she has had a remarkable recovery. Matter of fact, she was invited to throw out the first pitch vs. Tigers last Sept. She also sang during the 7th inning stretch. She turned 16 this March and just got her license last week. Mykal has taken remarkable to music and we are working on trying to get a few of her written songs recorded. Our entire family is going through genetic testing and thorough heart testing over the last and next few months. While we are excited and happy to get this done for Mykal's 2 younger siblings, it definitely has taken its toll on us both emotionally and financially. We are almost to the end and appreciate everyone who supported us here with prayer. Everything coming back so far inconclusive and we have some of the best docs in the country on this. Mykal has done remarkably well. She will be a Junior this year and we just got her classes which include pre-calc, college lit class, and anatomy-phys. She also will be playing golf and participating in band. I am a very blessed man. With all of that said I will be listing some items randomly and adding items on the BST section. Unfortunately we need about $20K to meet further bills and get caught up from all the test. I will be listing some cool stuff and have plenty to list. Let me say that I appreciate in advance any purchase and will come up with a few ways to move some of my stuff. Please bear with me as I will add some photos and will definitely take offers etc. considering I need to raise the cash. If you are close to KC or St. Joseph MO I do have a place locally with a lot of my stuff there. Feel free to contact me PM or call 816-294-9847. Otherwise thanks again so much and I will continue to take much needed prayer for my family. Please check the BST to see what I have to sell.

Let me also say coming from a father's heart I can never repay the prayer support from any one person let alone the thousands involved in Mykal's journey. I THANK YOU so much and could not be in a happier place moving forward. An experience like this definitely will change the heart of a man and make one put things in perspective.

Thanks,
Jason

ZachS
08-13-2014, 08:47 AM
Glad to hear she's doing better. As a father myself I can only imagine the worry that you and your family have been through.

mrvster
08-13-2014, 08:49 AM
God Bless..... we will say prayers!!:)

vthobby
08-13-2014, 09:12 AM
Our thoughts and prayers are with your family, take care, mike

rjackson44
08-13-2014, 09:15 AM
god bless sir

sycks22
08-13-2014, 09:16 AM
Glad to hear she's doing better, prayers are with your family.

the 'stache
08-13-2014, 09:26 AM
Jason, I'm thrilled to hear she's doing so well. Let's all hope that Mykal has a long, happy, healthy life. :)

Leon
08-13-2014, 09:54 AM
Just want to offer my best wishes on a continued recovery and long and prosperous life....As someone already said, as fathers of daughters we can only imagine.....

gregr2
08-13-2014, 10:10 AM
So glad to hear she is doing well and as made such a remarkable recovery. All the best for the future!!

chernieto
08-13-2014, 10:38 AM
Just want to offer my best wishes on a continued recovery and long and prosperous life....As someone already said, as fathers of daughters we can only imagine.....

+1 - I was looking for the right words & there they are... Getting the right perspective on life is priceless & certainly helps get our priorities straight.
Thanks & I will watch for the BST listings

ethicsprof
08-13-2014, 10:46 AM
so movingly and poignantly written.
My prayers are with you and continuing.
I'm very pleased to hear such good news for your daughter and your whole family.

all the best,
barry

JasonD08
08-13-2014, 11:12 AM
Thanks guys. The list is under everything else at the bottom of BST. If you need something great, if not thanks for the kind words. ALso feel free to make reasonable offers.

geor952
08-13-2014, 11:54 AM
Jason,
Thanks for posting, will pray and send up praises for her doing so well! Thanks for sharing. We can't pray if we don't know about it. Please continue to keep us updated!
George

iowadoc77
08-13-2014, 12:24 PM
Jason,
My prayers will be with your family. I can not imagine what you have been through. God has a plan for her and for your family. Blessings to all of you.
Eric

08-13-2014, 12:49 PM
I'll be praying for you and your daughter. May God bless you.