PDA

View Full Version : Need some help and opinion on an item

almostdone
08-11-2014, 05:50 AM
A friend of mine is a Braves fan and has only dealt with modern stuff but the more I talk about the history of the game with him the more interested he is becoming in the Braves early history, especially thier years in Boston.

He asked me about this item for sale on eBay to get my opinion but honestly I'm not a ticket collector so I can't give him too much advice. I did tell him I would try and find out though.

My questions are is this a legit item? Do you think the autograph is good? Is there anything that stands out about this item wether good or bad in your opinion? Any real info, advice or knowledge would he appreciated.

Thanks,
Drew

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=181491211930

Deertick
08-11-2014, 09:37 AM
Real ticket book, questionable auto. Looks like someone tried to copy sig on front. Most signatures on documents don't look like that at all. Also, what President would use the abbreviation "Prest"?

almostdone
08-11-2014, 07:40 PM
Thank you for the analysis Jim. I'll pass the info along. Any other thoughts?
Drew

almostdone
08-11-2014, 07:56 PM
Sorry. Double post

collectbaseball
08-17-2014, 06:47 PM
I thought the 'signature' on the back of the booklet looked like a stamp (and the one on the front printed). It wouldn't be unusual for someone to sign with their title in an organization, so I don't see why "Prest" would be strange.

almostdone
08-17-2014, 07:37 PM
I thought the 'signature' on the back of the booklet looked like a stamp (and the one on the front printed). It wouldn't be unusual for someone to sign with their title in an organization, so I don't see why "Prest" would be strange.

Wether it was a stamp or some kid it wasn't an authentic signature. I thought it was a cool piece for the memorabilia side but not the autograph. It sold around $60 and my friend passed on it.
I do appreciate everyone looking though.
Drew

Deertick
08-18-2014, 04:30 PM

The commonly accepted abbreviation of President is "Pres.", not "Prest". I've never seen that before, nor will I ever again. Unless this piece comes on the market again. :)