PDA

View Full Version : PSA Reholdering

mansco
08-10-2014, 02:09 PM
I have one of the 1963 Topps variations. It appears as though it was graded prior to PSA denoting variations. If I send in to reholder will PSA automatically change the label? Or do I have to specify?

Same goes for my T206 with "Unknown Backs." Will PSA automatically denote which back it is? Or do I have to specify?

swarmee
08-10-2014, 02:29 PM
I would recommend putting the information in the "variation" column on their order forms. Don't expect them to add it for you unless you put it in there. Otherwise they might call it an Old Judge if you're lucky, and 1994 Conlon Collection if you're unlucky. ;-)

glchen
08-10-2014, 03:11 PM
I have one of the 1963 Topps variations. It appears as though it was graded prior to PSA denoting variations. If I send in to reholder will PSA automatically change the label? Or do I have to specify?

Same goes for my T206 with "Unknown Backs." Will PSA automatically denote which back it is? Or do I have to specify?

It's always best to specify in these cases. And also check when your reholder pops, and check again to make sure that it was correct. Unfortunately, mechanical errors happen fairly regularly at PSA, so you need to make sure they are correct. I sent PSA a recent order with 5 cards. On one of the cards, I specified that it was a W516-2-3, but when the order popped, it was specified as W516-2-1. I had to call PSA and put a ship hold on the order, and provide them support documents to show why the card should have been w516-2-3. A couple of days later, after PSA verified it, the order was shipped out w/ that card correctly labeled. Even if PSA incorrectly labels the card, they will fix it for free as a mechanical error. However, it's still a pain to send it back to them to fix it again.

Also note, that I heard that in the PSA luncheon at National, PSA specified that they will start labeling "freaks" for T206's on the flip. Not sure when they will start that, so if you have one of those that are you sending for a reholder, you may need to call PSA to ask when they will start putting freaks on the flip.

mansco
08-10-2014, 05:26 PM
Sorry, what are the "freaks?"

glchen
08-10-2014, 07:32 PM
Sorry, what are the "freaks?"

Stuff like this.