PDA

View Full Version : Slightly OT: Large T9 Turkey Red Boxer find

T3s
08-09-2014, 09:21 PM
Hello All,

Slightly off topic here, but I thought it would be of interest to many people.

I just recently acquired a very large group of T9 Turkey Red Boxers. This group of 45 cards is new to the hobby and has survived the last 100 years in very nice condition. There are only 10 different cards represented. The cards are essentially crease-free and show varying degrees of corner wear. If graded, I would estimate the majority would be PSA-3 to PSA-5 range, with a few nicer and a few lesser. A very solid group. The most amazing aspect of the find........

Each and every card has the ultra-rare "no-ad" back variation.

Over the last 20 years, I have focused on collecting Turkey Reds (T3s specifically, but also T9s and any other issue or item related to Turkey Red). Early on I recognized the relative scarcity of the "no-ad" back variation and have watched for them at every turn. They are absolutely a rarity. I have owned one T9 (Attell) with this variation and have seen less than 3 others. To find a group of 45 is unheard of.

Details on the provenance of this group is still slightly foggy. They came from an old home in NY and were part of an estate sale. As I find out more, I will document it.

Due to the heavy duplication and the rare back variation, I am strongly inclined to think that these must have originated from someone associated with the printer or from an individual who was involved with their distribution.

The majority of the cards will be offered for sale. Thanks for allowing me to share.

Happy Collecting,
Craig

Jay Wolt
08-09-2014, 09:24 PM
Craig, nice haul

ethicsprof
08-09-2014, 09:45 PM
wow!!!
this is quite the acquisition, ole buddy.
congrats,
all the best,
barry

sebie43
08-09-2014, 09:56 PM
That is awesome, The Langford on top is beautiful.