PDA

View Full Version : T205 collection

Nappy1525
08-08-2014, 06:38 PM
Hello everyone I've started my t205 collection about 4 weeks ago. I'm at 53 cards and have spent around $1200. I'm just curious and intreaged to see who else has collected this set, how many cards they have, how long has it taken you, and how much they have spent so far.
Thanks
Adam

Wite3
08-08-2014, 07:53 PM
Adam,
Put my first t205 set together for around $1200 total but that was years ago and it is p-f-g condition (although, I do have some rarer backs in there and all the cards are readable with no paper loss or trimming). It just contains all the front combinations.

My "master" set was more expensive and still missing the Hoblitzell no stats. It contains all front variations, all back variations and at least one example of every advertising back including a blank back.

I also have a large collection of t205 duplicates (now massing close to 2000 cards). Always looking for more!

I tend not to spend too much on the cards and enjoy the lower end condition wise. I prefer no paper loss on front or back and nearly all my cards fall into that category. I do have some nicer condition cards (see my avatar) but most of my collection would be considered rough.

Joshua

Centauri
08-08-2014, 08:41 PM
I started earlier this year. I have 59 cards, and am in about 3 grand. I have 9 advertising backs, and 13 HOFers. My goal is all front variations, and 1 example of each advertisement - drum/hindu will come towards the end. I am aiming for around a 3 net grade.

There are many good sellers on this board - I have nothing but positive results from many transactions.

Econteachert205
08-08-2014, 10:02 PM
I started one year ago exactly. About 3 grand in with 115 cards. Range from vg-f/p, most in the good range, some graded, some not, about 8 hofers and 6 sp's/vars. Just going for a basic set not master Only pet peeve: I prefer the national league design but the al has much better portraits (Ball, Dougherty, Walsh and stahl are my favorites).

Also thanks for the cards!