PDA

View Full Version : OT:Book comparing the rise and fall of Charley Finley's A's to Connie Mack's

goudey1933
08-08-2014, 02:39 PM
I was debating if I should post this or not...just throwing it out there.Would you find such book of interest?I'm currently reading Norman Macht's second book on Connie Mack.Have also read numerous books on Finley's A's (plus I was a kid during those years so I was exposed to that team through the variuos media sources).Format would be alternating chapters as both teams grow then leading to there subsequent dismantling.
Would a book like this seem interesting or a clash of subject matter?Do you think the format of alternating timelines seem confusing?

My apologies for the vagueness of this question but this is in its shall we say "primordial" stages.

Any and all input is welcome.
Scott

ksabet
08-08-2014, 04:39 PM
Any book about the history of baseball would interest me if it was well written.

AMBST95
08-08-2014, 06:29 PM
The every other chapter approach you suggest isn't a bad idea at all. I've read books following different characters with a similar concept that have done a good job of supporting an overall theme. I didn't find it to be confusing at all.

wolf441
08-10-2014, 07:10 PM
I love the idea!! You actually have two "rise and falls" with Connie Mack - The 1910-13 and 1929-33 teams, and then the 1972-75 A's of Finley. Three completely unique casts of characters, two cities, multiple hall of famers, lots of background information with issues going on in America at the time...

Go for it, I'll put my advance copy order in now!

Best of luck,

Steve

bobbvc
08-10-2014, 08:41 PM
Any book about the history of baseball would interest me if it was well written.
Wouldn't be "any" book for me, but this topic would be very welcomed. "Well written" would be key though! Either way, count me in for an advanced order, love the subject matter.

goudey1933
08-10-2014, 08:47 PM
Thanks for the the input.Its funny how the many issues that Connie Mack faced 100 years ago exist today(along with Finley's A's) including fans attitude about salaries etc.
Scott