PDA

View Full Version : E105 Mello Mint Lajoie, Wrapper & Gum

08-07-2014, 09:16 PM
http://www.collectauctions.com/1910_mello_mint_e105_nap_lajoie_and_pristine_packa-lot11799.aspx

I gave it a shot, but wouldn't go higher; it looks like no one else would either.

I talked to Lyman H. about my wrapper at the Chicago National last year. He told me about this "free sample" pack, and after some investigating I figured out who the gentleman was who owned it. We had a nice chat on the phone about the pack. He said the pack was pristine, included the gum, and the Lajoie.

My question for the board: Can an auction house have hidden reserves if they are not specified in the rules?

Leon
08-07-2014, 09:25 PM
http://www.collectauctions.com/1910_mello_mint_e105_nap_lajoie_and_pristine_packa-lot11799.aspx

I gave it a shot, but wouldn't go higher; it looks like no one else would either.

I talked to Lyman H. about my wrapper at the Chicago National last year. He told me about this "free sample" pack, and after some investigating I figured out who the gentleman was who owned it. We had a nice chat on the phone about the pack. He said the pack was pristine, included the gum, and the Lajoie.

My question for the board: Can an auction house have hidden reserves if they are not specified in the rules?

An auction house can usually do what they want to in terms of reserves. As long as their rules don't say there are no reserves I think they are fine (but I am not a lawyer either :)).

I think I was the under bidder to the high bid and just didn't want to go anymore either.....especially once I saw the word "reserve" be there. I am not sure I saw it yesterday? I am not a fan of reserves but as an auctioneer understand the need for them.

08-07-2014, 09:28 PM
An auction house can usually do what they want to in terms of reserves. As long as it doesn't say there are no reserves I think they are fine.

I think I was the under bidder to the high bid and just didn't want to go anymore either.....especially once I saw the word "reserve" be there. I am not sure I saw it yesterday? I am not a fan of reserves but as an auctioneer understand the need for them.

I wondered if you might've been in the running Leon. I didn't stand a chance! :D