PDA

View Full Version : T202 Question

robw1959
08-07-2014, 01:05 PM
I recently bought a T202 Triple Folder card that has a third vertical fold-line (or crease) located in the exact center of the center panel. I have been told by someone with vast tobacco card experience that this vertical center panel "crease" is part of the card's original makeup. I do recall seeing quite a few T202 cards that have featured this additional fold-line/crease, but in every case I just thought it was creased by the original owner who for some reason wanted to reduce the width of the card. Can anybody verify that some of these cards went through an additional fold-line process in manufacturing and therefore have that center panel "creased" look because it was Hassan's intent to do so?

ZachS
08-07-2014, 01:35 PM
I remembered this being discussed a while back. This thread should provide some input: http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=187224

robw1959
08-07-2014, 01:52 PM
Thanks for that thread, Zach. I does look like a few of the heavies already weighed in on this issue and determined that the extra folds that so commonly appear in the middle were owner induced rather than produced by Hassan.